Jump to content
  • 0

HD4000 shows 1536mb but no QE/CI - Desktop



i'm new in this forum, i have read rules and i hope i'm in the right place.


I have installer High Sierre 10.13 (17A405) on my PC, Intel i7 3770K, 8Gb of Memory, SSD 60Gb, MSI Z77 Gaming.


When installation is finished i have only Graphics 4Mb

I edited config.plist in clover and check Inject Intel and use all ig plattform id with same result expect 02 to black screen

i have in Aboout this mac Intel HD 4000 4Mb

then i installed AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext (i download form internet but i didn't remember where) and i have Intel HD 4000 1536mb.


i have 17" monitor with only VGA port (1440x900) so i use HMDI to VGA Adaptor, i have also 15" monitor with DVI port (1024x768) connect with DVI cable.


i used them separately but the result is the same, i have Intel HD 4000 1536mb in About this mac but i don't have acceleration,

so there are some flickering and i can't use adobe premiere or final cut or any 3D software.


i attached my config.plist and AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext


Hope anyone could help me,





Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Well you can try to set in BIOS Display to IGFX, and Internal Graphics memory Size to 96, DVMT to 256 and use only DVI port, without adapters. And as I said before try to use different ig-platform-ids. 


Try this config.plist

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0



i already set Bios setting to IGD but i only have 32 64 128 256 for vram and 125 256 maximum for DVMT.

i've tried all ig-platform-ids and only xxxxxx2 doesn't boot.


i mixed all configurations but i still have no acceleration, sometimes about my mac shows 1024mb instead of 1536mb.

now i'm using only DVI port without adaptor.


i can't have transparent yet.


Do i have to change something else?


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I think you are using wrong Ig ids for desktop hd4k.Bios settings should be 64mb

use this  0x0166000a and enable intelhd injection and rebuild caches and permissions


also you can use lilu kext for fix



Also post clover log or darwin dumper reports


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0



i followed all suggestions below,


i put 0x0166000a, bios 64Mb, i put lilu and whatevergreen in clover/kexts/other

i rebuild cahe and permissions.

i use DVI monitors.


i've tried 0x01660009 with bios 64

i've tried 0x0166000a with bios 32

i've tried 0x0166000b with bios 32

i've tried 0x01660003 with bios 64

i've tried 0x01660003 with bios 32

and so on ...



But i still have no luck, here is my boot.log


thanks again


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.