Sign in to follow this  

Mac OS X on a Packard Bell iMedia 5005

Question

The beginning

It is possible to install Mac OS X86 Leopard on a Packard Bell iMedia 5005 with only 3 simple patches. After that everything will work: USB, cardreader, audio, etc..

--------------------

What you will need

- Kalyway_Leopard_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd (you can find this on the Internet)

- Packard Bell iMedia 5005

- 1 empty DVD

- Patches for videocard and sound (see Step 9)

Step 1

After downloading the Kalyway_Leopard_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd, you need to burn it on an empty DVD. You can use Nero or Ashampoo Burning Studio for that.

Step 2

Turn on the computer and insert the DVD so the computer will boot from it.

Press F8, type -v and press enter. If the computer hangs at this point, please post it in the forums and we will help you.

Step 3

Select the installation language (this will only affect the installation, not Leopard).

Step 4

Open the disk utility. Choose the partition where you are going to install Mac OS X on and format it as "Mac OS X (Journaled)". You also need to give it a name (like "Leopard" or "Mac OS X"). Then close the disk utility. (don't forget to press erase first)

Step 5

When you are back into the installation, click next, accept the license, choose the partition to install Leopard on, click next, and then click customize.

Step 6

Expend everything and check the follwoing options.

Kernels:

kernel_9.2_sleep

Graphics_Drivers:

(nothing)

Audio_Drivers:

(nothing)

Networks_Drivers:

(nothing)

Mobo_Chipsets:

AppleGenericPCATA

Thirds_Applications:

(choose the apps you want to install)

Patches:

(nothing)

Step 7

Click install and wait for about 30 minutes.

After that take out the DVD BEFORE the computer is going to restart.

Step 8

When you successfully booted in Leopard you need to complete the First Time setup.

(the networkcard works out of the box, so you can plug in your cable)

WARNING: A PS/2 keyboard will only work if a PS/2 mouse is also plugged in. After plugging a PS/2 mouse you first need to restart before it will work. You can also just use a USB keyboard/mouse.

Step 9

Download the following patches:

- ATI Radeon X300 (videocard) Driver/Patch

- Realtek ALC 880 (audiocardt) driver/patch

- Mouse Tearing Fix

Step 10

Extract ATI_Radeon_X300.zip. And open ATI_Radeon_X300.pkg. Follow the steps and let it install the driver. This will take 15 minutes.

Step 11

Extract Mouse tearing fix.zip and install MouseLocator.dmg. Copy MouseLocator.png (this is very important) to Pictures (in your homefolder). Go to the Mouse Locator Settings (in system preferences) and turn on Mouse Locator. Make also sure "Always on" is checked.

This will fix the mousetearing.

Step 12

Extract beta4some861_880models.zip, and drag ALCinject.kext and AppleHDA.kext tor /System/Library/Extensions. If the system asks to overwrite files, choose "yes".

Open terminal and execute the following commands.. If you choose to copy/paste, do one line at the same time!

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/ALCinject.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ALCinject.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

Then restart your PC and you should have sound. If not, you can ask for support in the forums.

Your hackintosh Packard Bell iMedia 5005 is now complete.

--------------------

© Casper M Productions

4 answers to this question

I have a Packard Bell Me35. Chipset Ati Xpress 1250 and graphic Ati Radeon Xpress 1250.

I installed iAtkos v7 after the installation completed and the system restarted for the first time, it stopped while showing the Apple logo.

Do I have to type -v in the cameleon bootloader? It's a GUI and I can't see a command line.

On the pc there's a partition of 8GB for initial installation of Vista as provided by the manufacturer. Do I have to erase that partition (it is the first that shows in the bootloader).

Thanks for your help.

Guest Lucassays

I have mx 36? how can i do that?