Sign in to follow this  
AsereBLN

DSDT's ready for use with Chameleon

Question

It's time for an update. I've put some cool improvements into the new DSDT's. They are now compatible with OS X 10.5, OS X 10.6 and all the rest, like Windows or Linux. Platform can now detect "Darwin" (aka OS X) as OSPM. This detection fixes TMR, RTC and HPET automatically. All other Operating Systems, like Windows or Linux, are seeing the original Gigabyte DSDT. Futhermore the new DSTS fixes:

• all warnings and error from the original Gigabyte DSDT
  • BIOS CMOS corruption under Snow Leopard
  • USB-Device-Removal-Warning upon wakeup from Sleep for the EHCI ports
  • UID of the PCI0 device to make the Chameleon GFX & Ethernet auto detection work
  • missing "built-in" property for the ethernet ports to make Timemachine working (disabled per default)
  • fixes Audio for mainboards with a Realtek 889A chip (disabled per default)
  • ICH10R USB device-id patch for all P35 and EP35 mainboards
  • Powerbutton fix. If enabled in Preferences pushing the Powerbutton puts the computer to sleep

All fixes are selectable via a configuration word. This configuration word/variable is called ABLN. It contains a configuration bit for every fix. You only have to toggle the corresponding bit to turn on or off a fix. The config word is a 32bit hexadecimal value. All fixes but ethernet and audio are enabled per default. For Ethernet use Chameleons "EthernetBuilt" autodetection feature. The audio fix is still disabled, because it gives some assertions in the Apple audio driver and increases significantly the boot time (on my system). For more info search for "ABLN" in the DSDT.dsl file or ask.

There is no GFX card configuration present. Please use, or at least try, the Chameleon GFX card autodetection.

For more info about the DSDT stuff please read my Blog and follow the Links.

I will provide the following files for each mainboard:

• DSDT.aml - fixed & patched & compiled DSDT. Ready to use!
  • DSDT.dsl - the source of DSDT.aml
  • DSDT_orig.aml - unmodified, original, binary DSDT
  • DSDT_fixed.dsl - original DSDT without errors and warnings

You must put the file DSDT.aml into the Chameleon Extra folder along with com.apple.Boot.plist.

You can start with this com.apple.Boot.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> 
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(1,2)</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>10</string>
<key>Wait</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

If you want a fixed and patched DSDT for your mainboard, then I need a dump of your IORegistry and the original Gigabyte DSDT. For the IORegistry dump open the Terminal and run the command:

ioreg -lw0 > ioregdump.txt

Then open a Finder window, go to your home folder, select ioregdump.txt and compress the file ioregdump.txt (right mouse click -> Compress "ioregdump.txt"). Send me the resulting zip file or post it here in this thread.

For the original DSDT you will need a Linux LiveCD (I recommend Ubuntu) or a EFIX Mac/Hackintosh. If you have made the ioreg dump on an EFIX Mac, then you are done. If you are running OS X using an already patched DSDT (like Chameleon & SL), then boot your PC with the Linux LiveCD. Open a terminal and run the command:

sudo cat /proc/acpi/dsdt > dsdt.aml

Send me the dsdt.aml file or post it here in this thread. And do not forget to mention the BIOS version!

If you like my work, if you want to honor it or if just can't wait to get your DSDT fixed, then you might look at this donation page. Thank you :)

DSDT_GA-P35.zip contains the DSDTs for the following mainboards:

DSDT_GA-EP35.zip contains the DSDTs for the following mainboards:

DSDT_GA-EP43.zip contains the DSDTs for the following mainboards:

DSDT_GA-EP45.zip contains the DSDTs for the following mainboards:

DSDT_GA-EP45C.zip contains the DSDTs for the following mainboards:

DSDT_GA-EP45T.zip contains the DSDTs for the following mainboards:

• GA-EP45T-DS3R_F4a (Jamersdc)
  • GA-EP45T-EXTREME_F4 (Zypheruk)
  • GA-EP45T-UD3LR_F5 (Mongole)
  • GA-EP45T-UD3R_F1 (PTMixer)

DSDT_GA-EX58.zip contains the DSDTs for the following mainboards:

DSDT_GA-X48.zip contains the DSDTs for the following mainboards:

In the next days I will upload the DSDT's for the other mainboards, step-by-step. Give me some time. They are handmade and not that easy to patch. I have to be very careful, because I cannot check all the upcoming DSDT's before the upload.

NOTE: Every ZIP contains also the original DSDT I used to patch. Please check it agains your DSDT to make sure that both are equal. Double check the PR{} block at the beginning of the DSDT. Thanks to the user coucou78 for this finding.

Hello AsereBLN,

I just installed SL using the dsdt you provided me few days ago (October 6th)... installation went fine and I'm currently writing using OS X 10.6.1.

I have a couple of issues, thou:

A - audio does not work (i.e. when I go to system preferences it says there is no device on my MB)

B - graphic card is not recognized: it sasys that I have a nvidia card with only 32MB (instead of 320). I added in apple.boot.plist file both the graphicenabler flag AND my card string got via osx86tools

The extensions I'm using are the latest from blackosx support files (v1.9) compatible with both 32 and 54 bit mode, i.e.:

fakesmc.kext

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext

LegacyHDA.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

PlatformUUID.kext

SleepEnabler.kext

Shall I need to add specific additional patches to the DSDT you provided me?

Do you have any other suggestion on how to solve this?

EDIT: I succeded in getting the videocard being recognized properly by just removing the string in apple.boot.plist (and leaving graphicenabler set to y). Now I get maximum allowed resolution but it seems that QE doesn't work.. how can I fix this?

thanks a lot,

blackdir

GA-EP45-UD3P Version 1.6 BIOS FB

EDITED:

I don't know why but that SSDT command seems to corrupt the SSDT header so it won't decompile. I ran this script posted somewhere on EFIXUSERS.com but the four SSDT tables will not decompile.

Here is the error message:

Loading Acpi table from file ./dsdt.aml

Intel ACPI Component Architecture

AML Disassembler version 20090730 [Aug 12 2009]

Copyright ? 2000 - 2009 Intel Corporation

Supports ACPI Specification Revision 4.0

TableHeader length [0xFFFFFFFF] greater than the input file size [0x1D2]

Could not get table from the file

Here was the command I used originally which is the one that gives me the error above:

acpidump -a 0xCFF8E0D0 -l 0x1D2 > ssdt0.aml

acpidump -a 0xCFF8E2B0 -l 0x143 > ssdt1.aml

acpidump -a 0xCFF8E400 -l 0x143 > ssdt2.aml

acpidump -a 0xCFF8E550 -l 0x143 > ssdt3.aml

Here is the one I used from ProjectOSX:

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=359

mkdir ACPI && dmesg | perl -we '$n=0; while (<>) { if (($t,$a,$l,$o) = (/^[^a-zA-Z]*ACPI: ([-._A-Z0-9]{4,4}) +([0-9A-F]{8,8}), ([0-9A-F]{4,4})+(?:\s*\(([^)]+))?/)) { $o && $o=~s/[^-._a-zA-Z0-9]+/-/g; ($cmd="acpidump -a $a -l $l > \"ACPI/${t}".($o?"_$o":"").".aml\""); print "Running command: \"$cmd\"\n"; system($cmd); ++$n; } } die("No match") unless $n;' && zip -r ACPI-Tables.zip ACPI

I also ran the one for my Audio Codec:

cd ~/Desktop && mkdir CodecDump && for c in /proc/asound/card*/codec#*; do f="${c/\/*card/card}"; cat "$c" > CodecDump/${f//\//-}.txt; done && zip -r CodecDump.zip CodecDump

Those SSDT files from the projectOSX script decompile just fine.

As always run these commands as superuser the "sudo" command.

I removed my first uploaded zip and replaced it with Complete_Dump.zip

Which mainboard do you use?

An Asus Maximus Formula which is suppose to work with Snow with only the AD1988B Audio kext and the other usual kexts we are suing. SleepEnabler does not help.

Mine was custom made and that is the only hickup to date!!

I think this is not necessary. Please read my Blog. According to digitaldj you can fix such problems like the one with Silverfast using the CPUInjector.kext.

Hi Guys thanks for the info. Knotty that sounds like a good fix, however I would prefer Asere's and Digitald's option. If I could get it to work.

Asere, i have followed your guide in total today with another memstick, and have the o/b lan working, but no sound (This is not a problem as the iMic USB device works in USB). Perhaps I am too dense but I do not fully understand what should be added to the CPUInjector.kext plist file. I have tried different configs all to no avail. eg is <dict>

<key>cpu-type</key>

<data>AQU=0105</data>

</dict>

</dict>

</dict>

<key>OSBundleLibraries</key>

But nothing works, as far as I believe it should according to digitaldj it is likely me being thick, methinks you can read so much it all becomes confusing. The example above is my last try as today i have nearly worm out the power solenoid. But its fun.

Keep On/Tony.

You mentioned that you have Intel Quad 9550 in a earlier post. If that is the case, you shouldn't need to change the plist at all. (It is set to "Quad Core Xeon" by default which is the closest match)

An Asus Maximus Formula which is suppose to work with Snow with only the AD1988B Audio kext and the other usual kexts we are suing. SleepEnabler does not help.

Mine was custom made and that is the only hickup to date!!

Did you add the EHCI USB Fix to your DSDT? Since you are using an older Chipset (X38 with ICH9?) you might also need to add the USB device ID fix, mentioned in this post:

http://www.efixusers.com/showpost.php?p=3292&postcount=223

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=168014&hl=

Note: insanelymac is down at the moment.... (11.10.2009 / 15:53)