Sign in to follow this  
AsereBLN

DSDT's ready for use with Chameleon

Question

It's time for an update. I've put some cool improvements into the new DSDT's. They are now compatible with OS X 10.5, OS X 10.6 and all the rest, like Windows or Linux. Platform can now detect "Darwin" (aka OS X) as OSPM. This detection fixes TMR, RTC and HPET automatically. All other Operating Systems, like Windows or Linux, are seeing the original Gigabyte DSDT. Futhermore the new DSTS fixes:

• all warnings and error from the original Gigabyte DSDT
  • BIOS CMOS corruption under Snow Leopard
  • USB-Device-Removal-Warning upon wakeup from Sleep for the EHCI ports
  • UID of the PCI0 device to make the Chameleon GFX & Ethernet auto detection work
  • missing "built-in" property for the ethernet ports to make Timemachine working (disabled per default)
  • fixes Audio for mainboards with a Realtek 889A chip (disabled per default)
  • ICH10R USB device-id patch for all P35 and EP35 mainboards
  • Powerbutton fix. If enabled in Preferences pushing the Powerbutton puts the computer to sleep

All fixes are selectable via a configuration word. This configuration word/variable is called ABLN. It contains a configuration bit for every fix. You only have to toggle the corresponding bit to turn on or off a fix. The config word is a 32bit hexadecimal value. All fixes but ethernet and audio are enabled per default. For Ethernet use Chameleons "EthernetBuilt" autodetection feature. The audio fix is still disabled, because it gives some assertions in the Apple audio driver and increases significantly the boot time (on my system). For more info search for "ABLN" in the DSDT.dsl file or ask.

There is no GFX card configuration present. Please use, or at least try, the Chameleon GFX card autodetection.

For more info about the DSDT stuff please read my Blog and follow the Links.

I will provide the following files for each mainboard:

• DSDT.aml - fixed & patched & compiled DSDT. Ready to use!
  • DSDT.dsl - the source of DSDT.aml
  • DSDT_orig.aml - unmodified, original, binary DSDT
  • DSDT_fixed.dsl - original DSDT without errors and warnings

You must put the file DSDT.aml into the Chameleon Extra folder along with com.apple.Boot.plist.

You can start with this com.apple.Boot.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> 
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(1,2)</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>10</string>
<key>Wait</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

If you want a fixed and patched DSDT for your mainboard, then I need a dump of your IORegistry and the original Gigabyte DSDT. For the IORegistry dump open the Terminal and run the command:

ioreg -lw0 > ioregdump.txt

Then open a Finder window, go to your home folder, select ioregdump.txt and compress the file ioregdump.txt (right mouse click -> Compress "ioregdump.txt"). Send me the resulting zip file or post it here in this thread.

For the original DSDT you will need a Linux LiveCD (I recommend Ubuntu) or a EFIX Mac/Hackintosh. If you have made the ioreg dump on an EFIX Mac, then you are done. If you are running OS X using an already patched DSDT (like Chameleon & SL), then boot your PC with the Linux LiveCD. Open a terminal and run the command:

sudo cat /proc/acpi/dsdt > dsdt.aml

Send me the dsdt.aml file or post it here in this thread. And do not forget to mention the BIOS version!

If you like my work, if you want to honor it or if just can't wait to get your DSDT fixed, then you might look at this donation page. Thank you :)

DSDT_GA-P35.zip contains the DSDTs for the following mainboards:

DSDT_GA-EP35.zip contains the DSDTs for the following mainboards:

DSDT_GA-EP43.zip contains the DSDTs for the following mainboards:

DSDT_GA-EP45.zip contains the DSDTs for the following mainboards:

DSDT_GA-EP45C.zip contains the DSDTs for the following mainboards:

DSDT_GA-EP45T.zip contains the DSDTs for the following mainboards:

• GA-EP45T-DS3R_F4a (Jamersdc)
  • GA-EP45T-EXTREME_F4 (Zypheruk)
  • GA-EP45T-UD3LR_F5 (Mongole)
  • GA-EP45T-UD3R_F1 (PTMixer)

DSDT_GA-EX58.zip contains the DSDTs for the following mainboards:

DSDT_GA-X48.zip contains the DSDTs for the following mainboards:

In the next days I will upload the DSDT's for the other mainboards, step-by-step. Give me some time. They are handmade and not that easy to patch. I have to be very careful, because I cannot check all the upcoming DSDT's before the upload.

NOTE: Every ZIP contains also the original DSDT I used to patch. Please check it agains your DSDT to make sure that both are equal. Double check the PR{} block at the beginning of the DSDT. Thanks to the user coucou78 for this finding.

Fearlessleader,

First, I don't wanna do tricks in registry! I work with video editing programs and those kinds of software are very sensitive.

I don't want to make them useless just because I found some posts about how to cheat your XP or W7 to think that you have AHCI drivers or not.

Second, I was thinking at XP when I wrote W7 don't have AHCI support.

Thirth, I think EFi-X Users is for OSX not for XP or W7.

Fourth, what I did for XP to work, I did bit by bit for W7,

So, if you wanna help someone, all you have to do is to give pertinent advices, not to patronise people.

Thank you anyway,

koji

For anyone who hasn't figured it out by now, AsereBLN hasn't been around here in a while. I've been trying to get in touch with him, but so far there has been no response. I hope he's okay, but please - don't make any more requests as he obviously is unable to fulfill them right now.

I'm locking this thread for discussion. Should AsereBLN return and desire to continue his work, then I will unlock it.