Sign in to follow this  
prinzessin

... and again another efix switcher

Hi out there,

untill now I am a EFIX V1 User since the beginning. Tue to the fact that there are Issues with the Update to SL I realized that there are some options to Efix V1.1 , unless I could Update from 1 to 1.1 for arround 100€

First of all I want to assure that my core Hardware is 100% compatible

Gigabyte EP45-DS3-R

ATI 3870 passive cooled(actually working with 2 connected monitors via DVI, like to keep it that way)

DLINK DWA-547 Wireless

Does anybody knows issues with the mentioned HW?

-------------------------------

For updating purposes I detached my EFIX HDD and left attached my Win7 testing HDD to ashure that the former EFIX HDD would not been damaged.

As I understood by reading plenty of different howto´s I should start to install a new leopard

before I want to Update/Migrate to Snow Leopard. Or should I rather start directly to install SL?

-----------

I downloaded the Chameleon pkg today but was frightend to install it on my macbook.

Therefore I extracted the pkg with pacifist and moved all the data onto my hdd.

After that I installed the containing data to a USBStick. It seems to work well

cause the stick is booting chameleon and I am able to chose to boot Win7 from the HDD I left attached to the PC.

Next steps would be to Install Leo or SL to this HDD.

As reading some older Posts I would need to add some more stuff to the USB Stick, i.e. Kext or call it drivers to assure booting and working with the mentioned HW.

One important of them seems to be this DSDT one. In some posts I see that I can download them , but other ones tell me to adapt it myself.

How should I proceed?

Welcome, I just kicked the EFI-X too. One of the very early adopters. Surprised it still works. ;)

To answer your question, if it worked with EFI-X, it will work with OSx86. This is mainly due to the fact that the EFIX people stole the OSx86 work.

More specifically, I know the EP45-DS3R works well because there are a ton of guides for it around the interwebs.

As for the other HW, you might have to finagle around with a few kexts, but they'll work like they did with EFI-X (maybe better).

EDIT to answer the rest of the question:

I tried a number of guides with no success for SL. What ultimately ended up working was a combination of doom42's guide for building the DSDT and for the kexts while using Mike's guide for the installation method.

RE: the dsdts...

What has been working for most people here is to start with the dsdts that AsereBLN patched, and then add some additional patches yourself. However, I'm not sure exactly what the patches are that AsereBLN has been applying. I've been meaning to do a comparison between his patched dsdt and his original to see if I can isolate exactly what it is that he changed... I'm wondering if it is in fact any different that the patches I've been adding myself, making the need to start with his redundant.

But, yes, you are correct... the dsdt is an important step. Patching it has allowed me to get a much cleaner and more stable build than any other Hackintosh project I've worked on before.

Hi out there,

Gigabyte EP45-DS3-R

ATI 3870 passive cooled(actually working with 2 connected monitors via DVI, like to keep it that way)

DLINK DWA-547 Wireless

?

Sorry for having a different issue. How did you get the DWA 547 working? I put it in my x58 system after upgraded to 10.5.8 and the PCI card is even not recogniced. Card was not in during installation of 10.5 because, as i wrote, i´m using a x58 MB.

Is there any trick to let 10.5.8 know this pci card or has that something to do that i´m using a x58 board (GA EX58UD4p).

Still using efi-x 1.1 latest firmware.

cu and thanks

However, I'm not sure exactly what the patches are that AsereBLN has been applying. I've been meaning to do a comparison between his patched dsdt and his original to see if I can isolate exactly what it is that he changed... I'm wondering if it is in fact any different that the patches I've been adding myself, making the need to start with his redundant.

If I recall, AsereBLN mentioned that his patched DSDTs only fix errors from the standard DSDT that would be generated by the BIOS (i.e. no compile-time warnings/errors). I don't think they do anything more than that.

Sorry for having a different issue. How did you get the DWA 547 working? I put it in my x58 system after upgraded to 10.5.8 and the PCI card is even not recogniced. Card was not in during installation of 10.5 because, as i wrote, i´m using a x58 MB.

Is there any trick to let 10.5.8 know this pci card or has that something to do that i´m using a x58 board (GA EX58UD4p).

Still using efi-x 1.1 latest firmware.

cu and thanks

Under EFIXV1 the DWA -547 is working out of the box. How this will be with my future setup(cameleon with SL), I will comment here.

Sign in to follow this