Sign in to follow this  
peto

RC3 only works from USB

I made a USB SL install stick from Mike's/BlackOSX's guides. Everything went perfect and I can boot into SL 10.6.1 from the USB stick. When I install chameleon directly onto the Snow HD like Mike suggests, and boot from the HD it always gets stuck on the AppleEhternet with a timeout and won't continue. The Extra folders contents are identical on the USB stick that works, and the HD that doesn't. What am I missing?

Update:

It was the 10.5 and 10.6 folders. That approach works on the USB but for some reason not on the HD????

i can boot from hd with RC3, perfectly. however in rc2 i had issues when boot from HD. what i did is copying boot to / and do the two "sudo" terminal commands in the binary package provided by Chameleon team.

I can also boot perfectly from my SL Hard Drive using RC3. The problem is that the method of using a separate Extra/10.5/Extensions and Extra/10.6/Extensions folder to boot into Leopard or Snow Leopard doesn't work from the HD chameleon install. I would think this method just doesn't work, expect that it work's perfectly from a USB stick. What the deal? :confused:

Are permissions set properly on the 10.5/6 folders on your hard drive (chmod to 755 and chown to root:wheel)?

Yes, I did all that on the Hard drive install. Did not do anything to the USB install but it works. Do you have the 10.5/10.6 method working from a HD install?

Sign in to follow this