Sign in to follow this  
naddie

Windows 7 time/clock is wrong!

Question

I am currently dual-booting SL and Win7. SL's time is correct, but Win7 is always off by hours, but the minutes and date is good.

For example, It's 10:45pm now. Win7 says it's 3:45am.

It's fine in SL, so it's not the CMOS. Consequently, the CMOS time is correct as well.

Time zome is set correctly in Win7. In fact, if I force it to update the time (internet time server time-a.nist.gov), it gets the right time right away.

I guess the only way around it now is to find a command or write a script to start up when Windows boot to sync the time to the time server.

Anyone seeing this weird behavior?

I am using Chameleon 2.0 RC3.

This is normal behavior, even on Macs. Installing the Boot Camp software from your Mac OS X disc will fix it.

Mike's way works but for me it never did. Here is a workaround if yours doesn't.

**Please use this at your own risk as you are editing the Windows Registry**

1. Go into windows and set the time correctly

2. Select Daylight Savings and time synchronization to OFF (use correct time zone)

3. RUN Regedit

4. Navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\TimeZoneInformation\

5. ADD a DWORD Value

6. Name it RealTimeIsUniversal, set value to 1, leave the Base as Hexadecimal. (make sure you put the DWORD exactly as you see here with the capitalization)

7. Close Regedit

8. Reboot into OSX and reset the clock and make sure you're using the same time zone as in windows.

Mike's way works but for me it never did. Here is a workaround if yours doesn't.

Cool, got the same problem (one of them under win7) and will try this! Thanks a lot!

Thanks! Glad no one just gave me the standard "check your time zone" runaround. It's definately Mac OS X that is causing the issue, because it seem to change the BIOS's clock after I boot into it, causing wrong time in Windows 7. I dunno how the Mac OS gets it's time, but it's always right.

Is because windows interprets bios clock as local time, while mac os and linux consider the bios clock to be set to UTC.

Sign in to follow this