Sign in to follow this  
NBCGLX

Alright, I give up!

So it looks like that program manually corrected the processor info, but it appears to be forced since it's showing the stock MHz of the processor and not what mine is actually at since it's overclocked. Also, the RAM is still only showing up as 800MHz when it's actually much higher than that. These aren't really that big of a deal to me, I was just curious why it shows incorrect info and how to correct it, if possible. I assume that what I'm seeing in my BIOS settings is the actual speed of the processor and the RAM?

Something else I've noticed, sleep does not work.

Sleep doesn´t work on my side either. For me something to get over, cause I´m happy with working on my OpenWilhelm-Mac and shutting it down afterwards.

So it looks like that program manually corrected the processor info, but it appears to be forced since it's showing the stock MHz of the processor and not what mine is actually at since it's overclocked. Also, the RAM is still only showing up as 800MHz when it's actually much higher than that. These aren't really that big of a deal to me, I was just curious why it shows incorrect info and how to correct it, if possible. I assume that what I'm seeing in my BIOS settings is the actual speed of the processor and the RAM?

Something else I've noticed, sleep does not work.

the program is a script that checks the id of the cpu and writes it in the file used by about this mac. you can manually edit that file to say whatever you want. do a google search for changing "About this Mac," and you'll find where the file is stored. you have to use a text editor like textwrangler not the standard texteditor.

what problem are you having with sleep? it works fine on my computer, other than the fact i have to use the power button to awaken from sleep.

Edited the About This Mac info successfully with TextWrangler. I assume I can use TextWrangler to edit the RAM info since it is also reporting incorrectly?? The quantity (8GB) is correct, but the speed is only showing as 800MHz, when it's actually much higher, per my BIOS settings.

The problem I'm having with sleep is that the computer will not put itself to sleep. I have it set to sleep after 1 hour of inactivity and yet it never sleeps.

totally fine to edit the ram information, as far as function of your computer.

the sleep issue is strange. here are my two ideas. did you update your mb bios to the latest version? if yes, then the only other thing i can think is that if you have the box checked "wake for ethernet access" that something else on your network is checking in with the mac and keeping it from going/staying asleep. other than that, i'm not sure.

Yep, the BIOS is the latest available. Downloaded it from Gigabyte's website before attempting the SL install. I believe the latest version is F8C or something like that. It's a beta version if memory serves me correctly.

I made sure that Wake for Ethernet network access is not checked in System Preferences but the computer will not go to sleep on its own. If I manually put it to sleep, it's fine.

Sign in to follow this