Sign in to follow this  
Jonnywb

Switching to Chameleon...

Alright. Was able to get past my previous roadblock. I had misread an entry as being a -1 when it was supposed to be -l.

At this step:

sudo cp -r ~/Desktop/Extra /Volumes/THUMBDRIVE

Nothing really happens for me. Am I supposed to see the new folder created in my thumbdrive? Can I not just drag and drop into the thumbdrive window?

I tried typing this without the space between the a /Volumes. No change.

When I click on my thumbdrive it has my previous Extra folder, now called, old. I also dragged my new Extra Folder with the Extensions folder onto the thumbdrive. Opening that reveals the folder called Extensions but there is no RealTec kext in this folder. I still have my Extensions.Mkext as well.

I'm trying..... Truly appreciate any help.

Alright. Was able to get past my previous roadblock. I had misread an entry as being a -1 when it was supposed to be -l.

At this step:

sudo cp -r ~/Desktop/Extra /Volumes/THUMBDRIVE

Nothing really happens for me. Am I supposed to see the new folder created in my thumbdrive?

Yes, this command copies the Extra folder to your thumbdrive, but you need to replace THUMBDRIVE with your USB-Stick's drive label. (For me the command would look like this: sudo cp -r ~/Desktop/Extra /Volumes/BootMe)

Can I not just drag and drop into the thumbdrive window?

That should do the trick aswell

I tried typing this without the space between the a /Volumes. No change.

The space between .../Extra and /Volumes... is a seperator. (source_file and target_file)

When I click on my thumbdrive it has my previous Extra folder, now called, old. I also dragged my new Extra Folder with the Extensions folder onto the thumbdrive. Opening that reveals the folder called Extensions but there is no RealTec kext in this folder. I still have my Extensions.Mkext as well.

Did you copy that kext into the Extra/Extensions folder currently located on your Desktop? I am just wondering because you mentioned that it wasn't there after drag & drop.

Spent sometime reading up on unix didn't understand much but trying. Thanks for the tips. I feel about 1/2 stupid regarding the "thumbdrive"

actually laughed outloud! Will try when I get back in town.

Sign in to follow this