Sign in to follow this  
elmangomez

Useful nVidia EFI Strings Repository

Question

Hi Gang,

I thought it would be useful to start this thread to place some of our non standard strings for video cards. I had some issues with using GraphicsEnabler where the performance of the card was lousy in Snow Leopard. My goal with this thread is to ONLY put working strings here. Also, I have seen many threads that should be ONLY informative be filled with questions. Please refrain from asking support questions here. It only makes it harder to find the right bits of information when one has to scroll through pages and pages of questions and comments.

In the next few minutes, I will be supplying a couple of video card strings I have found useful. Since we all know about EFISTudio, there is no need to list strings here that are listed there. I have found that EFIStudio is missing a few video cards. While a string for a SIMILAR card may work, I have found little bugs that are best resolved with the right card string.

OSX86Tools has a few more video card styles, which are also useful. I ask you NOT to place your string here if it is listed in this software as well.

I am also providing a lot of information that will be useful for others trying to get their cards working. If you want to post your special string; I ask you to cut and paste my format, and add as much of the same information I am using in my posts below. Again, this is to make everyone's life useful.

There are the new 200 series nVidia cards that I am dying to know how they work. If you have any of these, please do post your settings.

Now the big question.... What about ATI cards...? I have zero experience with them. Since we are all Efix graduates, most of us use nVidia as this was the majority in their HCL. This is not to say that ATI guys are excluded. I only ask that someone else start a thread for ATI, ideally following my pattern here.

Mike please PM me if you feel I am making myself too much at home here.....

I am hoping this helps, and if I am stepping on Mike's toes by making up rules for this thread; I apologize... but I do hate threads that go on forever before you hit a useful bit of info. Please do try to ask for support for additional cards outside of this thread.

Hello guys could you please send me the XLM the string list for nVIDIA GTX 275 896 MB and DVI display connector. Because the one that I'm using right now doesn't show any connection.

Thank You

CPU AMD x4 9600 Black Edit.

RAM : 8 GB

MB : ASUS CrossHair II

Video : GTX 275 896MB DVI

What about the new nvidia geforce 525M GT?

How can someone create an EFI string for it or a kext. Can you please guide me to where to look.

I have the new Dell inspiron N5110 with Lion installed on it. Currently nvidia doesn't work, only the intel HD3000.

Would be happy to help in the research, but I would not know where to start on making such a driver for it on Mac.

Thanks for you support.

I am using a ASUS GTX 560 1GB. I would like to know if and how to get this working properly under os x 10.6.6-10.6.8? I keep seeing mentions of there is only a Lion Version, yet I still see sporadic posts on using this with 10.6 (no one will post directions). If nothing else the correct EFI Strings would be great. I also use Chameleon 2.1r2305 on an AMD PhenomII x4 BE with an ASUS M4N82 Deluxe mobo (the remade 7xx chipset now known as 980a SLI) capable of Tri-SLI. I would have went with a DDR3 board at the time, except that DDR3 ram was nearly 2x as much as the DDR2 RAM & Board. I appreciate any and all help in advance.

Here is the detailed info via Sys Profiler-

Display:

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 64 MB <---Way Off!

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x1201

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768 <--- A Shame thats all I get!

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Edited by unimatrix725
forgot to point out sys profiler errata

I read on the {censored} site that the GTX 560 is not supported by SL...

Can you upgrade the operating system to Lion or Mountain Lion? I understand that would probably be a total "head-melter" due to the AMD processor.

I am using a ASUS GTX 560 1GB. I would like to know if and how to get this working properly under os x 10.6.6-10.6.8? I keep seeing mentions of there is only a Lion Version, yet I still see sporadic posts on using this with 10.6 (no one will post directions). If nothing else the correct EFI Strings would be great. I also use Chameleon 2.1r2305 on an AMD PhenomII x4 BE with an ASUS M4N82 Deluxe mobo (the remade 7xx chipset now known as 980a SLI) capable of Tri-SLI. I would have went with a DDR3 board at the time, except that DDR3 ram was nearly 2x as much as the DDR2 RAM & Board. I appreciate any and all help in advance.

Here is the detailed info via Sys Profiler-

Display:

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 64 MB <---Way Off!

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x1201

Revision ID: 0x00a1

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1024 x 768 <--- A Shame thats all I get!

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes