Sign in to follow this  
peto

Bonjour the easy way

I have an EP45-UD3P and got Bonjour to work in Snow Leopard like a real Mac just by installing the 2.0.3 Realtek driver.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#7

Use Camino to download

No need for ifconfig or any Realtek kext. Just a regular OSX style installer.

of course I am using a custom DSDT patch so SL knows about my ethernet to begin with

:D:o:D

Wait a minute.... this driver works in Snow Leopard??? I thought it was only 32-bit for Leopard.

Are you actually using in with 64 bit? Can you test your system with and without the driver and you can actually see how this fixes Bonjour?

Thanks!

It is a 32bit driver, but it works with the 32bit kernel.

I've tried it out a few days back and noticed that bonjour wasn't able to see my MacPro in iChat using Realtek's driver. However, AFP file sharing seemed to work.

I downloaded and installed v2.0.3 under Chameleon/10.5.8. Now I don't need to use the Realtek8168.kext, so the Asere-patched DSDT must be working for me too. Can't speak to Bonjour -- don't use it.

Sign in to follow this