Sign in to follow this  
ed_von_schleck

efi-x warranty vs registration

Hi there,

for those of you who cannot access the efi-x-forum, please have a look at one of LL's post:

Warranty registration for new devices

Dear EFiX users and friends,

Please do not forget to register your EFiX device for warranty within of 1 month after the date of purchase on the official EFiX website or by your Vendor, otherwise no support will be granted.

Can they force you to do that?

And what about this one from ASEM's "warranty guide":

THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, [...], APPLY ONLY TO YOU AS THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER OF THE PRODUCT OR COMPUTER SYSTEM THAT INCLUDES THE PRODUCT AND LASTS ONLY FOR AS LONG AS YOU CONTINUE TO OWN THE PRODUCT. WARRANTY COVERAGE TERMINATES IF THE ORIGINAL SYSTEM CUSTOMER SELLS OR OTHERWISE TRANSFERS THE COMPUTER SYSTEM WHICH INCLUDES THE PRODUCT.

What about selling the (anyway useless) device on ebay? What about the poor guy who purchases the device from me?

*Wondering*

I would not be surprised if ASEM takes any and all steps to deny Warrantee Coverage to a second or subsequent owner of an EFiX.

The things are built like sh*t. 9 months seems to be the average lifespan of the units I put in the field; I am not the only one with a 100% failure rate in <1 year of operation.

Legal or not, it works to their advantage to do whatever they can to cull the number of units they're "responsible" for, by any means necessary.

I'm sure, if they could find a way, they'd have the Updater steal your Browser History and alert them if you'd visited one of their self proclaimed "scam sites", like this one, thus voiding your warrantee.

And they likely care not of the Legality; most of the time, making service difficult, annoying, or infuriatingly complicated is equal or better than adamantly outright refusing to provide service. i.e.: Most folks will just give up.

Regards

art

SNIP

And they likely care not of the Legality; most of the time, making service difficult, annoying, or infuriatingly complicated is equal or better than adamantly outright refusing to provide service. i.e.: Most folks will just give up.

Regards

art

Uncle Art, you forgot to add "Most folks will just give up..." ... discard their EFI-X('s) and switch to 100% free and working Chameleon Snow Leopard. And be happy about it!

:)

Agreed!

I am a case in point; I'm probably entitled to warrantee service on my dead EFiX...but

a) I'm running without it

B) the shipping money to/fro, for the warantee replacement is now beer money

c) If I DID get it swapped, I'd have a for the most part, end-of-life obsolete unit (a v1) AND I'd still piss myself at every boot, hoping it came up ok.

Essentially, now knowing what I know, and understanding that v1 is "dead" anyway, I have spent my last dollar on it.

Basically, "It isn't even worth getting it fixed for 'free'"

Sure, my ass kinda stings a little. But you better know that everyone, and I mean EVERYONE who approaches the EFiX topic with me is gonna hear about that.

regards

art

How do you register for warranty? I looked all over and I cant find it on their site. I know this is a small business run by a small group, but come on now.

PS I got my chip from Express HD, and still don't have access to their real forum.

How do you register for warranty? I looked all over and I cant find it on their site. I know this is a small business run by a small group, but come on now.

PS I got my chip from Express HD, and still don't have access to their real forum.

Return it if at all possible. Build a chameleon based usb stick and save yourself the hassle of EFI-X failing to boot, right when you most need it to.

Run don't walk away from that EFI-X scam!:eek:

Sign in to follow this