Sign in to follow this  
Spike

New Apple Canada iMac Models

Not sure if you noticed the latest models of iMac at the Apple site, but in my world (Canada) these prices seem more realistic and available than I have seen before.

For example, I helped a friend build a Core i7 system this summer and we put together a good build that came in at around $1600. If we were to add in a 27" monitor for $600 and then the cost of a Snow Leopard license - I get an approximate price of $2300. A similarly equipped rig from Apple would come in at $2500. A little more reasonable than I have seen before and something to consider.......and no, I am not an Apple employee. I just found this interesting and also for anyone that purchased a dual-core iMac 3.06 GHz in the last month, they have to be pissed.

Just some thoughts.........

Spike :):)

Yes, the new iMac prices are amazing and finally something I was looking for as far as specs go. Seriously considering the new 27" iMac with the Core i7 processor and dumping my Hackintosh (or at least turning it into a Windows gaming rig).

Waiting for the more comprehensive reviews first, then I'll decide whether or not to pull the trigger.

Yes, the new iMac prices are amazing and finally something I was looking for as far as specs go. Seriously considering the new 27" iMac with the Core i7 processor and dumping my Hackintosh (or at least turning it into a Windows gaming rig).

Waiting for the more comprehensive reviews first, then I'll decide whether or not to pull the trigger.

Mike,

if you choose to pull the trigger and then dump your hackintosh, I still hope you'll stay around. This forum was priceless, at least for me. I'd hate to see it going down the drain.

This forum isn't going anywhere. Not as long as there are people out there who have been ripped off by EFi-X. :)

Because I am in the Post Production business I have bought many Apple Mac's over the years. I any currently using the top of the line Mac Pro with a Decklink video card to online HD television at work.

But, in my home office, it's more fun to hackintosh!

My interest here is more of a hobby so to speak. I really like building my own computer and then being able to run OSX on it even though I don't have to. I think we all like the challenge. Mike, I bet that's why you're here, and just because you buy an Apple Mac doesn't mean you have to get out of the hack game.:o

Yes, the new iMac prices are amazing

Yes, definitely. The whole machine is indeed "amazing" (to use Steve Jobs preferred term here).

That nice 27" IPS display with that pixel-resolution, and an i7 CPU without the need for a ridicously priced XEON, and up to 16 GB RAM, and uop to 2GB HDD, OMG...

I think I absolutely MUST buy one - Apple has caught me this time, i think...

Sign in to follow this