Sign in to follow this  
Schlamasseliese

Guides only mac-based?

Damnit!!

My Efi-x is toast and what to do now? I found this forum and it seemed all too easy – until I realized that DSDT does not mean Deutschland sucht den Superstar.

It seems there is no new DSDT for my Motherboard Gigabyte GA EP 45 T Extreme, right?

And even if there were one, all the guides seem to demand a mac as a platform for operation (such as formatting the USB stick, running the editors and stuff. Needless to say, my mac is toast, because my Efi-x is toast. The next mac-person I know well enough to get access to his mac lives 200 km away. Great. Is there a guide with a windows base? Or a way to kickstart my mac so that it runs on flat tires but can be used to proceed?

All I want at the moment is to get my Leopard installation to run again.

To sum up:

Is there a guide with a windows base?

Is there a trick to get my Leopard limp a little so that i can use it as a base of operation?

If not: are there workarounds, for example of how to format a USB stick with a mac format under windows?

I really appreciate some orientation!

Schlamasseliese

Was thinking, maybe you could possibly download iAtkos and install Leopard on an external hard drive? It has everything you need to get your system running just from the DVD that you download. Someone else might have some other ideas, but this sounds :confused: the easiest to me.

Damnit!!

It seems there is no new DSDT for my Motherboard Gigabyte GA EP 45 T Extreme, right?

If I remember right DigitalDJ have a guide/DSDT for EP45-EXTREME... I dunno what are the differences against EP45T

Thanks djsam! Looks like a nice bootloader. But I am not totally clear on how you mean it. If I install that my Leopard will still not think that my machine is a mac. So it won't start.. right?

Thanks snapper! If I understand this right, iAtkos is a modified leopard dvd that is already hacked. This might really work on an external hdd. I'll read up on it during the weekend.

Thanks blackdir! I have no idea either. I'll have to check what the T stands for.

I believe the T allows for use of both DDR2 and DDR3 RAM... the regular EP45 only takes DDR2.

What about using the new Psystar ISO to boot your Mac OS...? You may not get much working, but at least you could build your boot stick... I would NOT install the package it include... this will install its bootloader to your hard drive....

Sign in to follow this