Sign in to follow this  
Isotome

need network help-LifeHacker EP45-UD3R install

Hello All Here. I need some advice on the best way to enable my ethernet internet connection. I used the new LifeHacker SL install for the Gigabyte EP45-UD3P mobo. My mobo is close- it is the Gigabyte EP45-UD3R. My network card is the TRENDnet 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit PCI Adapter. Both are very close to the exact mobo/ether card combo used in the LifeHacker install guide.

I was able to install SL on my drive and it boots up fine. My problem is that I cannot get the Ethernet card OR the onboard ethernet port to be recognized and functional. I am close but still FAR off if I cannot get online. I am sending this from my second hack system- an iDeneb 10.5.7 install. I would greatly appreciate any help or advice you fine people may offer me. Mike- I hope this is the appropriate place for this topic request. Sorry about posting before in the wrong section. My system info is below. Thank you again all who can help.

mobo- Gigabyte EP45-UD3R bios(F5)

CPU- Intel Core2Duo 3.0 GHz 8400

GPU- MSI 9800 GT nVidia 512Mb GDDR3

memory- 8 Gb DDR2 800Mhz

network- TRENDnet 10/100/1000 Gigabit PCI

storage- 500Gb SATA HD (bootable- no Chameleon USB stick)

EFIX 1.0 module- taking a break :)

Thanks for the reply Peejer.

I tried exactly your suggestion but it still does not work. I think I need a specific kext or something for this specific network card and/or mobo. There are other things that need to be addressed, but this network card shutout is the absolute killer. Anyone else have any info or ideas? thanks all

memory- 8 Gb DDR2 800Mhz

EFIX 1.0 module- taking a break

I have an EP45-UD3R running 10.5.8 with the internal LAN (Enet port) without problems, and my LAN connection worked fine the one time I booted into Sno Leo. To use on-board LAN put this string in your Boot.plist:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

and set your BIOS on-board LAN to Enabled. There's also an "arch=i386" setting in the DSDT that you may need to change in order for the system to sort out 32-bit/64-bit issues. Search this forum for the arch=i386 term to see relevant posts.

Also Realtek has native drivers in new version 2.0.3 for OSX. I installed these and all is very well -- no other kexts needed. Go to:

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false#7

THANKS GUYS!!!

I set the onboard LAN in BIOS to "on" and it works. The LifeHacker guide had me set it to "off". I can now connect to the net and do software updates. Thanks for the awesome tip guys!

memory- 8 Gb DDR2 800Mhz

EFIX 1.0 module- taking a break

Sign in to follow this