Sign in to follow this  
cybert

What's up

:( I've been through this site's forums and am very confused. Why, if you hate efix so much would you join a site named "efix users"? So you can flame anyone who uses efix? What character flaw does this expose.

Great you're happy with chameleon, but why the mission of letting everyone know how superior you are and how much you HATE the efix community.

I'm new and trying to find answers, for a snow leopard install and all my searches get these self righteous posts from chameleon users. Take your propaganda elsewhere. In my mind there is no difference between you and the "Apple Nazis" who go around with their nose in the air trying to make everyone feel inferior, because they are not using a God blessed Mac.

Get a life, and live and let live.

Okay flame on.........

Dramatic much?

Why don't you take your propaganda somewhere else? After all, no one is forcing you to use (or even believe or sympathize with) the site. This is a free world, everyone is entitled to their own opinions :D

To shed some light, these forums were first designed as a second retreat for Efix users from the heavily-moderated official forums. Things developed a bit afterward and users of the forums saw it as their duty to report the misconduct of ASEM & Co to everyone willing to listen. We are not ruling the world with an iron fist and forcing our methods down everyone's throats. Many here, myself included, are victims of false advertising by ASEM (at least we believe so!). We were, one day, Efix customers. We needed a place to sound off our criticism since the official forums have near-zero-tolerance for that.

I don't believe anyone is belittling the users of any other solutions here. Everyone is welcome here whether they choose to use Efix, Rebel EFI, Chameleon or any other solutions. It's the unethical conduct of the companies providing said products and profiting from them on the expense on the user that raises the red flags here.

You are quite free to believe who you will, stay and ask questions or leave. However, rest assured your voice won't be censored. A post similar to this on Efix official forums won't survive for long. Try it yourself ;)

Ohh Cybert.....

Please do not be so naive.... please let me hold you hand... as I speak to you in a warm paternal tone of voice.... This site does not exist for the sole sake of flaming Efix users. If you are happy with your un-upgradable v.1.0 dongle... all the power to ya. If you are happy with the ever failing dongle... you deserve a medal. If you do not mind upgrading for $150 your $250 so it does what was advertised (but not yet)... you must have an enviable bank account.... If you still think Snow Leopard is un-tested and unreliable and not ready for prime time use....you are naive.

Any combination of 2 or more above, and you deserve saint-hood.

All of us here do not have your wonderful gifts. We refuse to be treated like dogs or mindless sheep waiting for slaughter. We are united users who have found an alternative to what we were sold and we delight in helping others achieve their freedom from the WhiteDragon master.

We can all proudly state that we have solved ALL issues with Snow Leopard.... for close to 2 months now. Can anyone with an Efix claim anything remotely close? I hope that by this time next year, you will be able to have the "Restart" command working.... This was solved here about 18 to 21 minutes after SL was released.

Please note that we do not hate Efix users.... we feel for their pain... and we denounce the people who have put you in chains.

Saint Cybert..... it has a nice ring to it....

To shed some light, these forums were first designed as a second retreat for Efix users from the heavily-moderated official forums. Things developed a bit afterward and users of the forums saw it as their duty to report the misconduct of ASEM & Co to everyone willing to listen. We are not ruling the world with an iron fist and forcing our methods down everyone's throats. Many here, myself included, are victims of false advertising by ASEM (at least we believe so!). We were, one day, Efix customers. We needed a place to sound off our criticism since the official forums have near-zero-tolerance for that.

That pretty much sums it up.

You can also read the appropriately-named "About This Website" thread in the Announcements forum, which really anyone who is new here should read. Hopefully it will answer your questions about the motivation behind this site and gives you a better understanding of our user base.

You are obviously new to the EFI-X.:confused:

Come back after your unit dies :eek: (they all do eventually) and you are stuck at "Verifying DMI Pool Data" and thats all your EFI-X will do.:mad:

The nice people here will help you build a Chameleon based stick that's works and is always up to date with the latest the Hackintosh community has to offer. Then you'll know why we are here.:o

Case in point: People on this forum are already running SL 10.6.2 the day it was released. How many months will it be before EFI-X even tries

(and fails) to support the new update.

Sign in to follow this