Sign in to follow this  
AsereBLN

Chameleon / PC-EFI Booter

Hi Asere,

Thanks for all your work, I wish that I could say yes I understand, but that would be a big lie. I did PM you before as before I did the LPCB patch, everything worked sort of well, however on following your directions once I mod the DSDT adding what you suggest and changing all instances of PX40 to LPCB, the hackintosh wont hibernate, but on pressing the power button, it reboots rather than waking up. Without the mod it behaves as expected.

I am attaching two DSDTs, the original and the LPCB moded one, with the original, the AppleLPC driver is NOT loaded, and the PC wakes up from sleep by pressing the power button, with the mod I have the Apple LPC but no sleep. By the way by sleep I really mean hibernation...

I like your mods but miss the hibernate function as that allows instant on...

Any thoughts would be appreciated as the boot/hibernate function is very useful, it could of course be one of the kexts I am using... Not sure.

Kexts are:- Disabler.kext/fakesmc.kext/IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext/LegacyHDA.kext/LegacyJMB36xSATA.kext/OpenHaltRestart.kext/PlatformUUID.kext

Logo I am not totally Artistic - but please avoid Ben's (Stell's) effort as his OBEY looks awful, rather something that I would expect from the unpaid ASEM mods..., I like the original Lifehacker effort, plain and simple... Need to avoid any reference to the E word as well?

Bestens/Tony.

Hi Asere,

Thanks for all your work, I wish that I could say yes I understand, but that would be a big lie. I did PM you before as before I did the LPCB patch, everything worked sort of well, however on following your directions once I mod the DSDT adding what you suggest and changing all instances of PX40 to LPCB, the hackintosh wont hibernate, but on pressing the power button, it reboots rather than waking up. Without the mod it behaves as expected.

I am attaching two DSDTs, the original and the LPCB moded one, with the original, the AppleLPC driver is NOT loaded, and the PC wakes up from sleep by pressing the power button, with the mod I have the Apple LPC but no sleep. By the way by sleep I really mean hibernation...

I like your mods but miss the hibernate function as that allows instant on...

Any thoughts would be appreciated as the boot/hibernate function is very useful, it could of course be one of the kexts I am using... Not sure.

Kexts are:- Disabler.kext/fakesmc.kext/IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext/LegacyHDA.kext/LegacyJMB36xSATA.kext/OpenHaltRestart.kext/PlatformUUID.kext

Logo I am not totally Artistic - but please avoid Ben's (Stell's) effort as his OBEY looks awful, rather something that I would expect from the unpaid ASEM mods..., I like the original Lifehacker effort, plain and simple... Need to avoid any reference to the E word as well?

Bestens/Tony.

There is nothing wrong with LPC, it's just that when LPC is loaded you get this new option "Start up automatically after a power failure" in System preferences. If you don't enable that option then sleep always reboots your computer.

[ATTACH]499[/ATTACH]

Hi MM,

Thank you, yes that option works fine. That is great much appreciated.

Next you need to remove disabler.kext if that is used to disable vanilla powermanagement. Then you can try this dsdt. It's your own dsdt with P-states for Q9550 and C-state 1.

[ATTACH]500[/ATTACH]

Fantastico!!

I can help with the boot screen.... Is this for a screen BEFORE the theme, or for the theme itself? Themes I cannot do completeley on my own, but I can modify an existing theme.

What do you want on it...? PM me with your requirements and I will get crackin'

Just a logo for the start screen (original: Extra/Themes/Default/logo.png).

Some ideas:

• Only a slightly modified original to give a hint that it's Chameleon + PC-EFI 10.5 + further patches
  • a different funny Chameleon like first photo sitting on an EFIX, or better a shape which could be recognized as an EFIX, maybe half way down rammed into the ground
  • Rendering of a (golden) plate round or rectangular or a HW-Chip or ... with an emboss/carved out Chameleon
  • efix case rendering with embossed Chameleon and a banner in the front: efixusers.com

Sign in to follow this