Sign in to follow this  
AsereBLN

Chameleon / PC-EFI Booter

Works fine. I patched in the nVidia PCI0 graphics code from the LifeHacker "no-hack" DSDT, and I have auto-detect of my GT 220 video card. Forced sleep works great, auto sleep doesn't work. Overall, very nice.

Next you need to remove disabler.kext if that is used to disable vanilla powermanagement. Then you can try this dsdt. It's your own dsdt with P-states for Q9550 and C-state 1.

[ATTACH]500[/ATTACH]

Hi MM67,

I feel rather greedy in asking your help again.

Previously I was using my own DSDT file which was a mixture of Asere's fix for the EP45-UD3P and lifehackers DSDT, as the latter had everything working wheras with Asere's effort Audio/Bonjour were issues that I was not able to fix.

This week with Asere's amended Chameleleon and Netkas Boot fils, I though I would try again with the DSDT file he sent me originally for my MB and I managed to get the sound and other issues sorted including the PX40 changes to LPCB. Originally my own DSDT would not boot when i made the changes Asere advised. It just kept rebooting on system load.

After I amended the patched DSDT I am seeing the Apple LPC driver in about/Software/extensions and everything else seems OK. but am not certain about the speed stepping for the C states etc. When you have time I would be very grateful if you could amend what needs to done in this new DSDT effort, or better still tell me what needs to be done.

kexts are reduced now to EvOreboot.kext, fakessmc.kext, IOAHCIBlock....kext for the orange icons, and LegacyHDA.kext for sound.

Thank you again.

Best regards/Tony.

Hi MM67,

I feel rather greedy in asking your help again.

Previously I was using my own DSDT file which was a mixture of Asere's fix for the EP45-UD3P and lifehackers DSDT, as the latter had everything working wheras with Asere's effort Audio/Bonjour were issues that I was not able to fix.

This week with Asere's amended Chameleleon and Netkas Boot fils, I though I would try again with the DSDT file he sent me originally for my MB and I managed to get the sound and other issues sorted including the PX40 changes to LPCB. Originally my own DSDT would not boot when i made the changes Asere advised. It just kept rebooting on system load.

After I amended the patched DSDT I am seeing the Apple LPC driver in about/Software/extensions and everything else seems OK. but am not certain about the speed stepping for the C states etc. When you have time I would be very grateful if you could amend what needs to done in this new DSDT effort, or better still tell me what needs to be done.

kexts are reduced now to EvOreboot.kext, fakessmc.kext, IOAHCIBlock....kext for the orange icons, and LegacyHDA.kext for sound.

Thank you again.

Best regards/Tony.

Ok,

Since you have already fixed LPC then all you need to do is this. Change this :

Processor (CPU0, 0x00, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
Processor (CPU1, 0x01, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
Processor (CPU2, 0x02, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
Processor (CPU3, 0x03, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}

into this:

Processor (CPU0, 0x00, 0x00000410, 0x06) 
{
Method (_PSS, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Return (Package (0x06)
{
Package (0x06){Zero,Zero,0x0A,0x0A,0x4820,0x4820},
Package (0x06){Zero,Zero,0x0A,0x0A,0x081E,0x081E},
Package (0x06){Zero,Zero,0x0A,0x0A,0x471C,0x471C},
Package (0x06){Zero,Zero,0x0A,0x0A,0x071A,0x071A},
Package (0x06){Zero,Zero,0x0A,0x0A,0x4618,0x4618},
Package (0x06){Zero,Zero,0x0A,0x0A,0x0616,0x0616}
})
}
Method (_CST, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Return (Package (0x3)
{
0x2,
Package (0x4){ResourceTemplate (){Register (FFixedHW,0x01,0x02,0x000,,)},One,One,0x3E8},
Package (0x4){ResourceTemplate (){Register (SystemIO,0x08,0x00,0x414,,)},0x2,One,0x1F4},
})
}
}
Processor (CPU1, 0x01, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
Processor (CPU2, 0x02, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}
Processor (CPU3, 0x03, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}

First addition is method PSS which gives 6 P-states that are possible on Q9550. Next you have method CST which defined like this gives you C-states 1 and 2.

Normally you should also define other CPU cores like this for example:

Processor (CPU1, 0x01, 0x00000410, 0x06)
{
Alias (^CPU0._PSS, _PSS)
Alias (^CPU0._CST, _CST)
}

but OS X doesn't seem to mind if I leave those out, try to use dsdt like this on Linux and it won't be happy :)

Hi MM67,

Thank you AGAIN - and yes both PSS and CST methods added and working fine.

I really appreciate your speedy and helpful replies.

Brgds/Tony.

Hi MM67,

Thank you AGAIN - and yes both PSS and CST methods added and working fine.

I really appreciate your speedy and helpful replies.

Brgds/Tony.

No problem,

here is one more fix:

Make device LPCB look like this:

Device (LPCB)
{
Name (_ADR, 0x001F0000)
OperationRegion (LPC0, PCI_Config, 0xA4, 0x02)
Field (LPC0, ByteAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
{
AG3E, 1
}

and add a line to method PTS where you set that AG3E variable to Zero. Should look something like this:

Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized)
{
Store (Zero, \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.AG3E)
Or (Arg0, 0xF0, Local0)
Store (Local0, DBG1)

With that fix it doesn't matter anymore what that "Start up automatically after power failure" setting in System preferences is set to, sleep won't anymore cause accidental resets.

Hi Agin MM67,

Thank you again, that all works superbly you are really quite amazing. Thanks too for the descriptions as those gives a much better understanding.

Sooner than feed the starving it is far better to teach them to fish!

I mentioned to Asere that I do quite a lot of MKV conversions and this machine is almost as fast as my macPro, it is now running much cooler. In an ambient temp of 32degrees the cpu temps are cores 1-4, 42,40,42,42 when before todays fixes they were in the low 50s. This is really great.

Thanks/Tony.

Sign in to follow this