Sign in to follow this  
afd_sg

MSI versus Gigabte

MY PMs with MM67 refer, but might be of interest to others, while acknowledging with thanks, the very useful posts and advice provided.

Background - I am looking at the LG1156 and i7 options available.

1.By far most users here and elsewhere do use Gigabyte motherboards when considering a Hackintosh Build.

2. In Singapore many stockists here are reluctant to stock Gigabyte motherboards due to the problems customers experience with (a) Lan Connectivity, (B) PCI channels ? USB connectivity etc etc.

3. Listening to MM67 and taking into account the savings involved I believe that the MSI P55 GD65 may be the way to go.

I shortlisted two options the Gigbyte GA-P55-UD4 and the MSI P55-GD65 with the Intel i7 860 processor.

Looking around insanelymac and in particular {censored} I downloaded the respective .aml files for both boards and was very surprised to note the difference in file sizes. The MSI file c/o {censored} is only 12kb, while the Gigabyte file is 25kb

There is also a significant cost saving on the MSI option as well.

I am attaching the relevant .dsl files for anybody who would like to compare the differences which are significant.

Thanks for the uploads. I'll take a good look -- the next upgrade for me would most likely be to i7, so I'll follow your posts with interest....

Thanks for the uploads. I'll take a good look -- the next upgrade for me would most likely be to i7, so I'll follow your posts with interest....

Must be either crazy or a big kid, but it would be nice to get away from anything resembling the HCL on you know where!

Looking around insanelymac and in particular {censored} I downloaded the respective .aml files for both boards and was very surprised to note the difference in file sizes. The MSI file c/o {censored} is only 12kb, while the Gigabyte file is 25kb

There is also a significant cost saving on the MSI option as well.

I am attaching the relevant .dsl files for anybody who would like to compare the differences which are significant.

The file size difference is there because someone already edited most of useless stuff out of MSI dsdt, I would guess that originally both were about same size like the dsdt files of my MSI and GB boards. Both were about 6000 lines long when I started working on them, now both are about 1000 lines long.

Well I took the plunge and it worked first time, had more W7 issues than OSX.

Details below.

I used some of {censored}s stuff and added some of Aserebln changes. Have everything apart from audio (ALC889) and sleep is iffy, but it is yet but a few hours and I am surprised that it went so well.

Sign in to follow this