Sign in to follow this  
afd_sg

MSI versus Gigabte

Sounds very pleasant. I spent some time in Panama, similar latitude, and loved it. We hie off to Hawaii or Mexico in February, when the Puget Sound area gets really hard to bear. But in summer, no place better.

Hi Richiem,

I was in Seattle in September attending a course (nothing computers/OSX) you might know of the Singer Tom Kenyon it was in connection with his work. That part of the States is totally beautiful and I can understand your sentiments totally. Hawai will be a great break. I do miss the seasons as they don't exist here as you understand them, but one gets used to that and when I see TV pictures of the snow and ensuing chaos, I am happy to be here...

Singapore is not beautiful like that but it works well, and suits me, but I was considering moving to Vancouver at one time but although that too is beautiful, the weather is not, and as stated before I like it warm. It gets humid here at times, I do not like aircon, and when we talk about CPU temps I have a usually ambient temp of 31 celsius so its important to get that right.

A very Happy New Year to you.

Tony,

What did you do to get Firewire working? I am unable to get it to work. There are no dsdt files in the zip that you uploaded before, so I can't look for myself.

I tried removing various parts of the FRWR device, even the RP03 containing device, but no go.

Thanks,

~Aargh

Tony,

What did you do to get Firewire working? I am unable to get it to work. There are no dsdt files in the zip that you uploaded before, so I can't look for myself.

I tried removing various parts of the FRWR device, even the RP03 containing device, but no go.

Thanks,

~Aargh

Happy 2010...

That is weird my firewire works fine.

1. As stated previously it did not using pm_mickeys original DSDT (attached), I needed to edit out the FRWR entry then voilla - firewire works fine. As you will see I have two firewire devices working fine.

2. I am sure that you will have checked that 1394 is enabled in BIOS.

I cannot imagine why mine works and yours doesnt. Regarding friend MM67 comments with the additional lines in the DSDT - that is when I have reached my limit as truthfully I have not a clue as to what can be safely removed and what is important and required. I know one can use trial and error, but any changes do require the caches to be cleared and using IASL that then requires a disk permissions repair, and frankly that for me is too time consuming when in reality I aint got a clue.

It is the auto sleep thing that I would like to fix - as long as a DSDT works, I am not too concerned regarding the size, when it boots up with 23 spins of the wheel and closes down OK, it is quite fast. Certainly no longer than my MacPro.

All the best with the firewire.

T.

Tony,

Thanks,

~Aargh

This my latest DSDT with the realtek lan drivers removed from the DSDT as suggested by mm67 - they were likely not required however I DO need the RealtekR1000SL.kext as without that there is no wired lan Lan connectivity although wireless does work with a pucker Apple Airport Extreme mini PCIe card attached to a HWTools MP2A card.

Tony,

Thanks,

~Aargh

I think divorce will be imminent if I spend so much time on this thing!!

Just one question did you get rid of the FADT.aml file and replace it with an entry in the E/com.apple.Boot.plist file? I saw something on Insanelymac earlier, cannot find it now, but it was a post there you made yesterday.

T.

Sign in to follow this