Sign in to follow this  
afd_sg

MSI versus Gigabte

I think divorce will be imminent if I spend so much time on this thing!!

Just one question did you get rid of the FADT.aml file and replace it with an entry in the E/com.apple.Boot.plist file? I saw something on Insanelymac earlier, cannot find it now, but it was a post there you made yesterday.

T.

Yes, using the newly released version of the boot file with the two patches in it, you do not need the FADT file in there, but just the <key>RestartFix</key>

<string>YES</string> entry in boot.plist.

In other news, I now have auto-sleep working!

That just leaves firewire and proper cpu recognition...

Yes, using the newly released version of the boot file with the two patches in it, you do not need the FADT file in there, but just the <key>RestartFix</key>

<string>YES</string> entry in boot.plist.

In other news, I now have auto-sleep working!

That just leaves firewire and proper cpu recognition...

Thats great can you please send me a copy of the boot file you refer to. Would be much appreciated, and the DSDT if poss and which kexts you are using, as I have screwed something here.

Thats great can you please send me a copy of the boot file you refer to. Would be much appreciated, and the DSDT if poss and which kexts you are using, as I have screwed something here.

ATM, I'm using the dsdt that you posted...

The patched boot file is available HERE...

For kexts, just fakesmc, IONetworkingFamily, RealtekR100SL, JMicronATA, and LegacyHDA

Sorry you hosed your system man. Don't worry. You'll get it back up, sooner or later...:P

ATM, I'm using the dsdt that you posted...

The patched boot file is available HERE...

For kexts, just fakesmc, IONetworkingFamily, RealtekR100SL, JMicronATA, and LegacyHDA

Sorry you hosed your system man. Don't worry. You'll get it back up, sooner or later...:P

Much appreciated. I'll give it a try.... See u are an iphone man as well, how do you find the battery life?. Wondering what this iSlate will be like, hope it has a proper OS and not the iPhone OS....

Hi MM67

I am all of a sudden having problems with sleep, the PC does sleep very quickly but on wake up reboots. I have spent almost a day now trying different things.

I have disabled the two o/b Lan ports and removed the Realtek lan kext, as I have inserted my PCI Gigabyte lan card which I have not used with this MB. Lan is much faster and Bonjour etc ok. Also I notice that iStat monitor records the traffic on the ethernet with this card while before it didnt with the internal, just the aport card.

But the reboot on wake happened yesterday before I inserted the lan card, and I cannot understand why as I change things quite methodically. It is the same with the bios wake up set to BIOS and OS, and Sys pref energy saver "Start up automatically after a powerfailure checked or not - no difference.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Brgds/T

Hi MM67

I am all of a sudden having problems with sleep, the PC does sleep very quickly but on wake up reboots. I have spent almost a day now trying different things.

I have disabled the two o/b Lan ports and removed the Realtek lan kext, as I have inserted my PCI Gigabyte lan card which I have not used with this MB. Lan is much faster and Bonjour etc ok. Also I notice that iStat monitor records the traffic on the ethernet with this card while before it didnt with the internal, just the aport card.

But the reboot on wake happened yesterday before I inserted the lan card, and I cannot understand why as I change things quite methodically. It is the same with the bios wake up set to BIOS and OS, and Sys pref energy saver "Start up automatically after a powerfailure checked or not - no difference.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Brgds/T

And you didn't change anything in dsdt prior to that ? It does sound like something is wrong with method PTS or WAK in your dsdt, compare with your original dsdt.

Sign in to follow this