Sign in to follow this  
Skipper

Chameleon 2.0-RC4 and Hardware UUID

Here is the first shot....

Asere,

Your boot file works and I am hoping that the UUID I get now is really from my MB. Why does it not load the theme I have selected in my com.apple.Boot.plist? No offense but after the EFI-X nightmare I don't really want to see a picture of one every time I boot.:o

Asere,

I too am having no chameleon themes, apart from the efi-x one, despite what I put in my com.apple.Boot.plist. Otherwise everything else is working.

How can we verify that the Hardware UUID is the same as the one output by your boot file. Thanks

Asere,

I too am having no chameleon themes, apart from the efi-x one, despite what I put in my com.apple.Boot.plist. Otherwise everything else is working.

How can we verify that the Hardware UUID is the same as the one output by your boot file. Thanks

That is a question I asked a week ago. I appreciate Asere's efforts but one needs to be able to use any theme through choice. I prefer the original plain hd Lifehacker theme, as even with the chameleon there is no mistaking the Efi-x which is a scam, and who wants to be reminded of that crap everytime you reboot. It serves no value on a boot screen, but that is my opinion, others perhaps like to remember... I liked ElmanGomez's boot screen as that was funny... and produced a laugh - I just cringe at the current theme if you use the AsereBLN latests efforts which as you point out disables the theme in the Extra folder. I have not seen ElmanG around recently. Miss his humor?

Asere advises that his boot picks up the System UID, how can we check what is correct - that is my concern?

Wow - its nearly Christmas. All the very best to one and all.

Sign in to follow this