Sign in to follow this  
Next One

Stuck very early

Hmm, I re-installed 10.6, upgraded to 10.6.2 on my SSD.

Put the drive in my other Rig (GA-G31M-ES2L) to test - it boots fine (Asere boot 1.1.9).

Put the drive in the EP35-DS4 - with a new bootstick (also Asere 1.1.9 plus some kexts): it boots up.

No sound, so what, but then I put it to sleep.

Didnt work (almost expected that too) but then upon restart I get stuck at the same exaxt point (see post 1).

Put in Backup bootstick - same result.

Can it be something with "shutdown=false" or such ?

Something must have changed on the drive between these two starts and I have no clue.

So back to 10.5.8 for the moment.

Thanks for your suggestions guys.

Next One

(or should I say "good luck"...?)

USB Sticks are NOT interchangeable with different model motherboards... because for each motherboard, you need custom dsdt.aml file in /Extra, which you can download from Asere's post...

Also for sound, you will need to get the right kext for that chipset as well.

Hmm, I re-installed 10.6, upgraded to 10.6.2 on my SSD.

Put the drive in my other Rig (GA-G31M-ES2L) to test - it boots fine (Asere boot 1.1.9).

Put the drive in the EP35-DS4 - with a new bootstick (also Asere 1.1.9 plus some kexts): it boots up.

No sound, so what, but then I put it to sleep.

Didnt work (almost expected that too) but then upon restart I get stuck at the same exaxt point (see post 1).

Put in Backup bootstick - same result.

Can it be something with "shutdown=false" or such ?

Something must have changed on the drive between these two starts and I have no clue.

So back to 10.5.8 for the moment.

Thanks for your suggestions guys.

Next One

(or should I say "good luck"...?)

Thanks guys,

makka:

what is the difference here: why v2 rc3 ?

elman:

yes, of course I am using the DSDT for EP35-DS4 from aseres post and have NOT used the same stick as for the other rig.

Anyway, I am unsure it is related to the stick - I ve tried at least 5 configurations, but all were based on RC4.

For Sound I was trying LegacyHDA, and I also put FakeSMC and IONetworkingFamily in e/e, thats it.

It seems to be the common energy/Sleep issue since on wakeup it reboots.

Wouldnt be a problem to not have sleep, but since it doesnt boot up anymore I cant further investigate.

Could it be its something with the DSDT ?

Thx again

Not much help to you as my MB is MSI GD80 and I had a similar problem for months, it would sleep fine and reboot was always a reboot. for weeks I did everything change the DSDT, WAK SP1 all manner of things, even changed my Samsung to an LG version all to no avail. I of course tried all manner of changes to the BIOs settings.

Almost by accident I noticed that there was a BIOS update for my MSI board, I upgraded the BIOS and voilla, sleep and wake up worked fine. A relief, but much time and effort was wasted in the meantime.

Best of luck...

The Bios is up to Date, F6.

Funny thing is, the SSD now also gets stuck in the other rig (GA-G31M-ES2L), where it bootet OK before.

So there must be some file/preference on the drive which is written when you put the system to sleep, or restart it, causing an incompatibility.

(Or I dont have the right kext, or its something with Aseres DSDT )

I am lost here, guess I`ll use the SSD in my macbook then.

Big thank you to all you people who regularly update "efixusers.com" - this is a great site.

Sign in to follow this