Sign in to follow this  
afd_sg

EXPRESSHD.COM: EFIX USB- Express HD is your New Zougate LLC

I cannot believe this message I received today twice sent to the same Email address.

Dear Computer Entustistic,

It was our pleasure to serve you and work with you. We have changed our name to Zougate llc. our new website to better assist you and service you in your daily computing needs. with that said, we would like to offer you deep limited time discount as welcoming celebration to www.zougate.com. You will be able to login to expresshd.com and zougate.com with your login information. your warrany stays the same and all the service agreement and terms stay as is. Now the promotion! We are offering EFIX USB V1.1 at $199.99 unitl 03/31/2010 at zougate.com use code: zouefixv11". we are offering efix usb v1.01 at $99.99 no code needed. we will be offering efix v1.01/efix v1 trade-up to efix usb v1.1 until 03/31/2010. Check our our EFIX PC, included efix v1.1 installed at a excellent price. www.zougate.com "Get any operating system on your custon built computer in minutes. your feedback is very important to us, please send your feedback to info@zougate.com

Advance Express HD Now Zougate LLC

8930 Mission Drive Suite 107

Rosemead, CA 91770

PHONE: 626-698-1212

EMAIL: info@zougate.com

Store Hour:

M-F 10:AM to 6PM PST

S 11:AM to 4PM PST

My reply....

Dear ExpressHD/Zougate,

Why after the Psystar ruling do you continue to support and sell the Efi-x junk? You have a got nerve.

It has long been proven that Efi_x uses freely available software without acknowledgement, and your website does not indicate that you DO NOT need an Efi-x scam device to run Linux or Microsoft OS's, so it is misleading and likely illegal as all it does (on a good day) is allow users to load Apple's OSX on PC hardware which contravenes Apple's EULA. You are charging people way to break the law.

You really need to wake up and realize what you are doing in the US.

Any self respecting "PC Enthusiast" will be aware of the poor support by ASEM and its forum. The unit is way over priced for a poor quality memory stick, and its only purpose is giving people stress when the functionality is limited, and its failure rate continues to be high.

ExpressHD or whatever you call yourself today is openly supporting the Efi_x scam which undermines the OSX OS brand name , you really need to cease being involved with the charade as those enthusiasts who really want OSX and are reluctant to purchase a Mac can get better results using Chameleon and other alternatives. ASEM and Efi-x has accumulated so much bad press since its inception and the admission by davide rutligiano that he was not aware of what was going on, and that he was only trusting his "friend". Any original success was down to the CEO who by his own admission did not know what he was supporting - his words not mine but indicative of the big scam, and a complete fool who has a great deal to answer.

You are ripping people off with that which is not only badly supported but only works on a very few motherboard/graphic combinations - shame on you!!!

BRgds/Tony.

@ afd_sg - You have given them a good answer. :) I would add few curse words :D . I think that no one would hate Efi-x if they just told what Efi-x really is and given it at correct price (around 25 $ per unit should be enough :) max 50 $ / anything over that is overpricing). Anyway we have good open source solutions out there and all can be done for free. That's the power of community.

I wrote them an email asking to be taken off of their email list because I'm now using the completely free and feature-rich Chameleon with Snow Leopard. Haven't gotten a reply yet.

@ afd_sg - You have given them a good answer. :) I would add few curse words :D . I think that no one would hate Efi-x if they just told what Efi-x really is and given it at correct price (around 25 $ per unit should be enough :) max 50 $ / anything over that is overpricing). Anyway we have good open source solutions out there and all can be done for free. That's the power of community.

I do not hate Efi-x, only problem is the hype and the rudeness of ASEM and its forum moderators, and the fact that it uses other peoples work without any acknowledgement. It is a rip off that has stolen other people work and overcharges to an unacceptable degree, for a product that degrades the Apple brand, both in performance and name.

Had it done what was stated in the first instance I would have considered that a break though of sorts, but it does not, and with its non existent processing power and superior parts it is a total scam, period...

Most here were caught out and abused by the company and its forum moderators and were overcharged to an enormous degree, if ASEM came clean, removed the epoxy stuff and the hiding the id of the parts, and charged $50 I would say best of luck to them. But seeing those rip of prices for an OSX starter toy makes me very annoyed.

What motivates me is that they took on AsereBLN for exposing the Efi-x contents and software. Using Apple as an example - their new products from the iPhone 3GS to the "newish" iMac 27 Ins and MacMini server are taken apart and detailed photographs and descriptions are distributed with appropriate comments. Likely soon we will see similar for the iPad.

If ASEM had nothing to hide they would not had done that...

ASEM did not react like Apple as they were unable to defend their lousy product, instead they defended their "dream" using local German law. That "dream" has been a nightmare for some.

The mission here is to warn the world from spending large amounts of hard earned money on something which does not work and is not documented both from a tech or user point of view, and is barely supported, when it can be done free and almost easy - using free community software.

My raison d'etre is purely to protect others from the scam when it can be done for free, and perhaps guiding WD and his followers to do some design work which they are good at, as the best aspect of the Efi-x is the packaging.

We all have free will, but please if you like OSX - buy Apple... or use some of the excellent guides, do not be conned by these people - paying many $ for what?

Sign in to follow this