Sign in to follow this  
richiem

Giga-Byte EP45-UD3R,

Just a note to let you know you are being heard. All of my experience, what little there is, has been with Gigabyte MBs -- they seem to work the best. I do hope others will chime in here with useful suggestions. Good luck.

Thanks for your post, it's good to know people are there to listen.

I've had somewhat of a break through using Chameleon 2 bootloader for windows (Chameleon Install 2.0 RC3 for Windows - InsanelyMac Forum) with the MBR formatted USB stick I made before (I can't make too many changes to it as I have temporarily lost access to the Mac I was using). I've managed to use TransMac to transfer NVKush, FakeSMC, NullCPUPowerManagement and PlatformUUID kexts to the system/library/extensions folder. I have your (Richiem) boot.plist (edited with this string <string>legacy_kernel</string> for the legacy kernel), a DSDT.alm (extracted using DSDTeditor, I didn't make any changes to it) and your smbios file (unedited)

These changes equated to the following screen (see attachment)

I have no clue what any of it means unfortunately which means; aside from searching for parts of the error message in Google, I'm at a dead end here.

Hopefully this text will make sense to someone willing to help me on here.

post-74133-137746136977_thumb.jpg

post-74133-137746136971_thumb.jpg

EDIT:

I've managed to prevent the kernel panic by replacing the IOATAFamily.kext one patched by 'sigmaris' at this website www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php%3Fshowtopic%3D186609+fix+for+IOATA.family (TinyURL as it had to be a Catched URL).

I am now getting this screen:

post-74133-137746136983_thumb.jpg

Not sure what to make of the box above the apple logo, it's not really giving me many clues as to what the error could be. Could it be because I have graphicsenabled set to "No" in my boot.plist? I'm going to give changing that to 'Yes' a try.

This is becoming more of a weblog than the question/ cry for help that it was previously.

EDIT 2:

I'm going to call it a night (well morning). I'm currently stuck on this double panic screen which keep recurring constantly until I reset.

post-74133-137746136993_thumb.jpg

If somebody could troubleshoot this error for me I would be very grateful, it's been driving me crazy!

Edited by kiwi3007

I cannot use RC5 as there isn't (as far as I know) a windows version and I don't have access to a Mac anymore.

I managed to get the installer to boot (finally). It took about an hour and a half to install but close to the end I got this error message:

post-74133-137746136997_thumb.jpg

The log file for this error shows this:

post-74133-137746137008_thumb.jpg

I'm particularly concerned by the "the bless tool was unable to set current boot disk".

Any suggestions?

Well, the hard drive for OSX has to be SATA, formatted as GUID partition table, MacOS extended. Dr. Hurt's installer takes care of the USB bootstick's permissions, etc., then Chameleon, on the bootstick, blesses the OSX disk. If you're installing Chameleon direct to the OSX hard drive (which I don't recommend) then the same process occurs for the hard drive. Unfortunately, I can't read your screenshots due to resolution being too low, so I can't comment on errors that you're seeing. Try taking higher res pix and zipping them, then posting the zip file here so we can actually see them.

Well, the hard drive for OSX has to be SATA, formatted as GUID partition table, MacOS extended. Dr. Hurt's installer takes care of the USB bootstick's permissions, etc., then Chameleon, on the bootstick, blesses the OSX disk. If you're installing Chameleon direct to the OSX hard drive (which I don't recommend) then the same process occurs for the hard drive. Unfortunately, I can't read your screenshots due to resolution being too low, so I can't comment on errors that you're seeing. Try taking higher res pix and zipping them, then posting the zip file here so we can actually see them.

My Hard Drive is SATA, I formatted it as MacOS Extended, not sure where the option is to set the GUID partition table is but if that's the default that's what I set it too.

Should I create two partitions on my bootstick? One for the MacOS.dmg and one for the chameleon bootloader?

Unfortunatly I tried to remove the EFI/FDISK boot I set to the bootstick with command prompt and consequently I now need to reformat it. Luckily I had already backed up the contents to a folder on my PC. I was considering redoing the bootstick with a different method anyways as it seems that in the infancy of my knowledge I managed to mess things up a little. A fresh start may be the best way.

{censored} Blog: Chameleon RC5 Prerelease Installer Package

Would this be okay to use with Chocolate kernel?

Also what smbios should I use? It's currently the file I understand least about.

So, on a working Mac:

1) Unzip the download.

2) Select the "MyAsere1.1.9-installer" package icon and right click for "Show package contents"

3) Open Contents>Resource>Extra to see the Extra/Extension files.

4) Drag and drop your own DSDT.aml, Boot.plist and smbios.plist files into the package if you don't use mine.

5) Plug in a USB flash drive, open Disk Utilities and partition the USB drive with one GPT partition -- click Options to select GUID (GPT) format. Give it a catchy name.

6) Then double-click the installer icon, click Change Install Location, select the USB stick, and click Continue.

That's it. The USB bootloader is ready to go. Be sure it has first boot priority in your bios.

thanks .... it's the easiest way to make USB stick as bootable media :D :D