Sign in to follow this  
bboucher790

10.6.3 Fails to boot.

Hey guys, I had my setup working flawlessly until I upgraded to 10.6.3. I can't figure out how to get it operating again. Anyone have any ideas why it doesn't boot now? Is this normal for my bootloader to fail when upgrading to 10.6.3?

It gets stuck at the Apple logo. I get the endless spinning timer of death.

Well, seems like time to try booting in verbose mode and see where the hang is. I would also use Asere's v1.1.9 now as well. Also, try disconnecting the Win7 drive before booting. If you've overclocked, go back to base clock rate. One last thing is to try swapping RAM... And no, it's not "normal"...

Well, since we have almost the same config I am posting you my config, which certainly works with 10.6.3. It is with the last Asere booter 1.1.9.

Be aware that my booting partition is 1,2 and defined as such in com.apple.Boot.plist in switch

<key>Default Partition</key>

<string>hd(1,2)</string>

You might need a different one. All other things like GFX (with Graphics Enabler only, should wotk for your card. But you might need to change the resolution. mine is 1920x1200x32), Ethernet, TimeMachine and such should work fine. I still nee a script for my Bonjour. If you need it just say a word. My usual boot time is like 20-22 wheel spins.

Did you take a look at your BIOS to make sure that all settings are correct. I know there is no reason for them to change, but have a look anyway, at the very least it will give you the satisfaction of knowing that is not the problem. Pay particular attention to:SATA RAID/AHCI mode - I just ran into a similar issue helping someone else get setup. Also, report back what verbose mode is telling you.

Did you use the sleepenabler kext with your 10.6.2 install? If yes, remove it, and then try again. A new version of this kext must be installed for SL 10.6.3

Well, it didn't sound like an issue with sleepenabler.kext. This tend to end in a real kernel panic and not only spinning the wheel endlessly. But I might be wrong.

Sign in to follow this