Sign in to follow this  
peejer

Hi Blackdir,

I have no problem sharing my config with you (again :)). I will attach my DSDT. The kexts I am using are as follows: CPUInjector, fakesmc, OpenHaltRestart and PlatformUUID. My Chameleon is 2.0 RC3 as you can no doubt see from my sig.

Hope it helps and if you have any questions, just call.

Regards

Spike

[ATTACH]854[/ATTACH]

On my DQ6 I restored my 10.6.3 through time machine and off of the boot stick with the install disk. Took a little while, but it worked well. Then, this evening, I got brave and tried the update again. Not the combo updater but the regular update check and install. Everything seems to be working well. All of the problem applications from the previous update try, are now working well.

I have no idea what I did wrong. Whatever it was, it was big. I'm just pleased that everything seems to be going well now.

As far as the sound on the X58 for someone who asked, I didn't do anything. For some reason, it was just there.

THanks

As far as the sound on the X58 for someone who asked, I didn't do anything. For some reason, it was just there.

Hi,

I just think I have the same sound chip ALC889a, but for some reason it's not working. After update I reinstalled with KextUtility the old AppleHDA.kext and still nothing. I removed all HDA*.kext files from S/Extra/Ext/ folder...

Please help...

Regards,

Tom

Ive used the LegacyHDA kext. You may wish to give it a try. I've tried to upload it, but the system is stalling out. Send me an email, and I'll send the one I'm using if you want.

Updated with the downloaded updater for 10.6.3, not the "combo" version. Everything went well and i have no problems of any kind.

Sign in to follow this