Sign in to follow this  
peejer

updated to 10.6.4

boot to chamelon

kernel panic (sleepenabler)

I don't know how to remove sleepenabler while pc is not booting.

How do I remove sleepenabler?

@ ali sharp

Download yourself iB{censored} (based on your type of VGA card choose NVIDIA or ATI):

http://{censored}.blogspot.com/2010/05/iB{censored}-20-updated-with-enhanced-usb.html

Burn it on CD, and boot from it and when you get in menu choose your Snow Leo HDD to boot and remove sleepenabler.kext from USB stick. Of course this will only work if you have your bootloader installed on USB stick, since that way your sistem is "untouched" vanilla. If you have bootloader installed on your OSX HDD, then i don't know...

Annother idea for getting access to a USB-Stick is using Ubuntu with installed HFS(+) support. With root-rights you can delete sleepenabler.kext.

Regards

Scatman

Well, I only had 1 issue upgrading from 10.6.3 to 10.6.4 I started getting the KP below:

panic (cpu 4 caller 0xffffff80004ed81f): "Trying to change A collection in the registry"@/SourceCache/xnu/xnu-1504.7.4/libkern/c++/OSCollection.cpp:71

Oddly this comes from a Firewire HDD I have attached -- A Buffalo 1.0 TB HD-HS10TQ. I had it attached using the FW 400 interface to the motherboard's FW interface. I also tried attaching it to a FW card I have installed and had the same issue. Other FW devices are working fine. So, needless to say, this is an odd one.

I googled around a bit an found someone else having the same issue with the same device on 10.6.4. See here (google will allow translation). FYI, he doesn't seem to indicate if he's attaching to an Apple product or a Hackintosh. When I attach this drive via FW to any of my Macs running 10.6.4 it works fine so I _assume_ this is something Hackintosh related.

Currently I've attached the drive via USB but I'd rather attach it via FW.

Anyone have any ideas?

Sign in to follow this