Sign in to follow this  
taymeslayer

FireWire PCI not being read

Question

I have 3 presonus firewire interfaces that i am trying to use. I had ideneb 10.5.8 installed and they worked. Now that i went and installed iAtkos se3 they wont show up.

I tried going into audi midi setup and they wont show up. My Usb ports all work but they are integrated.

Please help.

4 answers to this question

so with this in mind i am wondering if it might be the chipset? anyone? I could really use the help. I am using my system for a recording studio and need to get my Presonus Firepods aggrigated and working... I can hook them up to a macbook with 10.5.8 and they sync...

Please Help!!!

iatkos might use a different DSDT or IO kext for USB/FW/PCI. I'm not too familiar with the iatkos install. last one I used was 10.5.2 and it was pretty good for the boards around at the time. X58s use new North and South Bridges which will probably be an issue.

As a try and fix I suggest finding a DSDT.aml for your board from the downloads section and patching it in to your boot. that way at least you know that its seeing your slots. if it then doesnt work you may need to edit ur IO kexts for your relevant controller.

If you use the {censored} install method starting in your working 10.5 system (not iatkos install). Then you should find you get a working 10.6 system.

OK so i figured it out. and i am fully up to 10.6.5........ SO what i did was remove the pci card and then boot once in osx i shut down and reinserted my pci card. I then turned on each interface till it synced and then did the next till all three were synced.

I have a full sound, hd surround sound 7.1, full quartz enabled 1900x1200 resolution, Logic 9 Pro, Internet ready, work horse of a machine Hackintosh!!!!

Thanks so much for the feedback and support. ill be updating my signature after this post!