Sign in to follow this  
zuma80

Hakintoch Kexts for Toshiba Satellite L655 Laptop??

Question

Hello everyone,

I am new to iPC OSx and I am not that powerful in mac, i read allot of forums on how to create ur own Kext but I am not at all at that level, so i was wondering if u can lead me on where to find Kexts for my devices or how to simply create them if they r not found!

My Laptop is Toshiba Satellite L655

My Devices are:

Display Adapter: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650

ID: PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_68C1&SUBSYS_FD121179&REV_00

Wifi Adapter: Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter

ID: PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_7175144F&REV_01

Ethernet Adapter: Atheros AR8152 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller

ID: PCI\VEN_1969&DEV_2060&SUBSYS_FF1E1179&REV_C1

Sound Controller: Conexant CX20671 SmartAudio HD

ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_14F1&DEV_5069&SUBSYS_1179FD12&REV_1003

and thx in advance for your help guys!

Ati mobility Will not work! Broadcom network nic wil work with a broadcom kext file with your device id in it. Then Same Goes for THE arethos wifi Card. Ive got à great kext editing guide but cant link on my iPhone. You Will have to Google for it: kext editing 101. Sound try voodoohda its in THE download section of this forum.

I've got a L655-S5105 with SL on it but my video is intel HD. You need the last 5 of your product number listed as the hardware varies quite a bit. Toshibas are difficult to hackentosh because of the limited bios and variance of hardware. I got sound decent video oob but can't get it to boot from the hard disk and haven't had any luck with network access yet.

I've got intel HD graphics, Atheros AR8152 for wired and Realtek RTL8188CE for wireless.

hi,

i've installed iatkos s3 v2.0 on my toshiba L655 laptop..I didn't select any graphic card drivers or enablers. Anyway i had several installations but each time i had different errors which end by a restart. I've choosed PCI_EFI, charmeloen R4-R5, Anval- one at each install- Result is the same..

After awhile, i tried to install using USB drive.( 8 gb kingston) I've completed the install again, but recently i can boot with my usb card( using the commands -v cpus=1 busratio=18)..in this case i have to choose my usb drive in bootloader..

if i choose my harddrive for boot, i had this error code:

no SMBIOS replacement found

Using builtin default UUID as system-id

no DSDT found, using 0 as uid value

old pci command -7

boot display -0

dumping pci config space, 256 bytes

wrong bios signature: 0000

not going to use bios image file

found bios image

adding bimimage to card 68e0 from legacy space with size f000

no UUID using default

patched DMI table

using system-type=0x04

FADT: restart fix applied

if i try to boot without -v command i got this:

hibernate too old xxxxx seconds..

with -v

ACPI table not found SSDTx.aml (x goes from 1 to 20..)

what should i do?can any one help?

I completed multiple install after ths post :) but still i can't boot..

this time i have :

efi_inject_get_devprop_string NULL trying stringdata

patched DMI table

no DSDT replacement found. Leaving ACPI data as is

Starting Darvin x86_64

pls some help here!!

Edited by fizyo_orkun

So word on the street is the OS is looking for a dedicated nvidia adapter before deferring to intel HD graphics. Will be a while before this is fixed to my understanding.

I've got sound working on my toshiba L655-S5105 and while it swallowed the atheros kext and is trying to talk to the Ethernet adapter, I get no IP or network access.

I'm also using iB{censored} for my install.

Fiz, if you could provide the last bit of your model number it will help me to know what hardware you're dealing with.

oups sorry.I thought i mentioned about my laptop. It's L655 PSK1JE.Here are the specs:

ATI radeon mobility 5470 ( i know no kexts for this)

Intel i3 370M

Broadcom 4313 wireless and bluetooth( bluetooth is working but no wi-fi?)

Atheros AR8152 ethernet card...

I've recently solved the boot problem. But some issues still present.

1) no wi-fi and ethernet connection. but bluetooth is runnig perfectly

2) in system preferences my proccesor seems like 2.4 gHz something.(not i3), and rams seem like 3 gb DDR2 (in stock DDR3)

3)when try to install a kext ( with kexthelper b7), installation ends ok; after boot i got kernel panic..

I try to add id's for my wireless card, but i don't know the name of the kext which i will edit info.plist...

Sign in to follow this