Sign in to follow this  
geritzzz

"Can't find mach_kernel" Error - Chameleon 2.0 RC3

Question

Hi Everyone,

I want to install Mac OS X 10.6 on my Dell Inspiron 1525 but I have a problem that it's driving me nuts.

When I tried to install Mac OS following this guide (Install mac onto your Dell Inspiron 1525 PC. | Mac Your PC) after I boot the Chamelon CD, and after switching Chamelon disk (SnowBoot) per Mac OS X installation disk and pressing F5 as the guide says, nothing happens. I don't see the MAC OS install disk to boot. If I type "-v -x" or "-x -f" I get:

"Loading kernel mach_kernel"

"Can't find mach_kernel" --> ERROR

I burned MAC OS install dvd twice at slow speed, data verification OK. Also the Chameleon boot CD twice. I reseted the bios to it's default settings. Nothing seems to solve the problem, I'm very frustrated.

If anyone had the same problem and solved it, please let me know. I don't know what else to do.

Thanks for reading,

Gero.

PS: This guys (Install mac onto your Dell Inspiron 1525 PC. | Mac Your PC) help me A LOT , so anyone with a Inspiron 1525 should check that guide, thats the one i'm using ;)

6 answers to this question

it could be a lot of things

1 drive and partition number is not correct default it would be set to drive 0 partition 1 you can change this with

rd=diskXsY you sould try this

x drive number 0 = first drive 1 second drive 2 thirth drive

Y partition number on that drive 1 is fisrt partition 2 second partition

second it could be that your chipset does not work

3 try an other boot cd nawcom is 1 of the best out there supporting almoost any system

Hi,

When should I type de rd=disckXsdY commando? Before inserting the Mac OS X installing DVD or after inserting the DVD and hitting F5? I tried both but it keeps saying "Cant find mach_kernel".

Also, how do I know the X and Y value? I know my HDD is on sd1, ext partition sd4, and swap partition sd4.

I'm using Ubuntu right know, no other OS install.

thanks for your help!

I had the same problem after I installed windows 7 on a separate partition on my fully functional Hackintosh. Couldn't get back into the OSX partition for a while, and any time I tried with {censored}'s iB{censored} CD, it would give me that mach_kenel not found message. Figured out a fix.

1.Boot from the iB{censored} CD

2.While hovering over the OSX partition, type in mach_kernel rd=disk0s2

3.OSX started up fine, and then to avoid the need of keeping the iB{censored} disc in 24/7 to get into OSX, simply reinstall Chameleon.

Worked fine. Now Chameleon pops up every boot with Windows and OSX both, fully bootable with one click!

Hope this helps!

This worked for my Dell studio 1747:

?

GraphicsEnabler=No -v -f -x

?

?

BUT I have now the same problem you are talking about!!!

?

I have sucessfully installed 10.6 retail cd, but cant load it, even if i try with chameleon or iB{censored}; it doesnt show my disk where SL is installled to =/////

once again, i installed snow leopard, now cant get into system....

i used iB{censored}, f5, select install dvd and type GraphicsEnabler=No -v -f -x?

Sign in to follow this