Sign in to follow this  
Khoneini

GTX470 Supported in 10.6?

Question

Hi all,

Been a active reader on insanelymac for a while already and had a fully working leopard installation before.

A few weeks ago my GTX295 nvidia card from XFX got delivered and I wanted to give Snow Leopard a try. It seems that the GTX295 needs alot more modifications then only installing/replacing some kexts and I don't want to do this every time there comes a new update of osx.

All my other hardware is 100% supported with DSDT patching / kext replacement only my GTX295 will not work in 10.6.6 so my question is will the GTX 470 work without alot of modifications? Because then I'll buy the GTX470 and sell my GTX295. So if the GTX470 is supported can someone explain me how to install this or will it work out of the box with GraphicEnabler=Yes @ Chameleon bootloader?

Thanks all!

- Khoneini

A explanation would be nice, Tried to download/launch the .dmg and it is indeed not giving me a error message about a incompatible card. So when I'm planning to reinstall my working 10.6.6 installation with my new GTX470 can I just only install these NVIDIA Drivers and that's it? Or does it still need a modified com.apple.boot.plist thanks!