Sign in to follow this  
Khoneini

Dual-Boot MacOSX 10.6.6 - Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Hi All,

I'm having problems with getting my Windows 7 install recognized in Chameleon bootloader.

I tried it this way:

- Formatted my 500GB harddrive into 2 partitions(GUID partition scheme) 250GB each 1x Mac OS Journaled(Extended) and 1x FAT32 for Windows

- Installed MacOSX 10.6.3 on the Journaled(Extended) partition updated to 10.6.6 dsdt patching and all that in the end installed Chameleon RC5 from the MB{censored} post install package

- Installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on the FAT32 partition installed drivers and all that

- After that rebooted and I mentioned Windows 7 overwrote the chameleon bootloader and marked it's partition as active so what I did is:

* Marked the OSX partition as active again

* Tried to boot in OSX with my iB{censored} CD

* Reinstalled Chameleon again

* Tried to repair Windows 7

The results are that I'm using Chameleon bootloader again but it doesn't recognize my Windows 7 Installation? How can I make Chameleon see my Windows 7 Installation?

Thanks

Hi All,

I'm having problems with getting my Windows 7 install recognized in Chameleon bootloader.

I tried it this way:

- Formatted my 500GB harddrive into 2 partitions(GUID partition scheme) 250GB each 1x Mac OS Journaled(Extended) and 1x FAT32 for Windows

- Installed MacOSX 10.6.3 on the Journaled(Extended) partition updated to 10.6.6 dsdt patching and all that in the end installed Chameleon RC5 from the MB{censored} post install package

- Installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on the FAT32 partition installed drivers and all that

- After that rebooted and I mentioned Windows 7 overwrote the chameleon bootloader and marked it's partition as active so what I did is:

* Marked the OSX partition as active again

* Tried to boot in OSX with my iB{censored} CD

* Reinstalled Chameleon again

* Tried to repair Windows 7

The results are that I'm using Chameleon bootloader again but it doesn't recognize my Windows 7 Installation? How can I make Chameleon see my Windows 7 Installation?

Thanks

try EasyBCD ...

I have no problem with the exact same set up (Win7x64/SL10.6.6) but I have MBR partitions and use the Asere bootloader with my SL partition (partition 2) set as the active partition.

Sign in to follow this