Sign in to follow this  
gleduc

Sandy bridge asus p8p67 deluxe success!!!

Hi

I have successfully installed OSX on my ASUS P8P67 Deluxe using Hazard OSX 10.6.6i DVD, BridegeHelper for Sandy Bridge, iB{censored} Legacy (because after installation I was not able to boot directly from Hazard DVD or HDD) and MB{censored} 3.2. I was even able to install OSX 10.6.7 combo update successfully. I never removed any ram stick, used the full 16GB. It was very tricky. I also used my own dsdt and dsdt auto-patcher.

My PC:

Asus P8P67 Deluxe

16GB Kingston ram 1333

2 Western Digital 1TB in raid 0 (not used for the osx installation, on Intel SATA 6GB ports)

2 Seagte Momentus XT 500GB (not raid, used one disk, port 1 on Marvell SATA 6GB ports because was not able to install if left on Intel Raid 6GB with the Western Digital HDDs)

1 Pioneer BluRay Burner (on Intel SATA II port 1)

ATI HD RADEON 5770 1GB DDR5

My Hackintosh: MacPro 5.1, sees 16GB ram, Radeon working fine, booting directly from HDD, x64 mode (forced). Only one glitch for now, I cannot access any DVD or CD form my BluRay burner, will not mount.

I am a very big fan of Linux, my experience helped me to install OSX. BTW my hackintosh is faster than my Windows 7 installation on Intel Raid!!!!! :P

I did not install any intensive software like Photoshop or any video editing software since my next step is to do a backup and try to make my BluRay work.

Since I purchase my MB 3 weeks ago, I was not able to install osx on it. Then I discovered Hazard. This was the only tool that I was able to use to install OSX. Great job guys.

I will try to write every steps down but for now everything is in my head :cool:

Geo

in case you have not heard there is a recall on your mobo and cpu. 10.6.7 has not been released yet only to developers. when it comes out it will brick your install check on nawcom blog. four reasons install will brick nullcpumanagement kext sleepenabler kext rtl 1000 kext and your legacy kernel . not to mention the old chameleon v2 rc5 643 bootloader current one is rc5 743. hazard distro is not looking so good now is it. do not come back here looking for help stay on the hazard forums.

In case you have not heard, you can easily find OSX 10.6.7 combo update on the net, just search for it. I did install it and it did not brick my system at all, on the contrary. There is no official recall on the mb form ASUS (who I contacted by phone) for now. There is no recall at all on intel i7 2600 cpu, I do not know where you got your info. There is a flaw on all P67 chipset for all the motherboards, not just mine. I am not using the sata II ports, the ones affected by the flaw. Sata III (6gb) are not affected at all. I am using Chameleon v2 rc5 743 by the way. I am an experienced OSX Hackintosh installer. I always used iB{censored} + MB{censored} but this time iB{censored} did not work at all on my Sandy Bridge. Can I ask you why you are so aggressive and why I should not post on this site? You obviously have something against Hazard but why? Finally, I personally own a license for OSX 10.6.3.

post-47606-13774613702_thumb.jpg

post-47606-137746137015_thumb.jpg

I look forward to reading your guide too, for I have a 2006k coming my way and a asus 1155 EVO also.

I'm wondering if I can make it without any help, so post your guide. THANX.

Sign in to follow this