Sign in to follow this  
gleduc

Sandy bridge asus p8p67 deluxe success!!!

acording to intel p67 rev 1 are getting recalled .says this on neweggs website as well.i have grudge on all distros not just hazard.first hazard comes with old chamelon rc4 wich only supports core duo i3/ i5 what was his thaught there? then hes using qoops kernel and lableing as his own. then theres this chit drivers no pcirootuid=1 kext.or-force64 for noobs.nexts he never removes bad kexts that cause kps for example sleepenabler,appleintelcpumanagement this is why you need nullcpumanagement kext to disable it,appletymceddriver. next we have people installing rtl 1000 kext when they dont need it .just plug your cat5 lan cable into a different port on router this will solve this issue. he could have used the chameleon v2 rc5709 as this supports i7 as well. just for the record iatkos makes a better distro it comes with a usable chameleon v2 rc5 700 has support for i7 @pcirootuid=1/graphicsenabler-yes. sorry for the long post retail install about 10 min faster. you wont get any kps with iso bootloader if you used a good one and booted with -x

Edited by stehor

@stehor Clearly you have an issue with these other distro's and I would therefore suggest that you air your grievances on said sites. If you have constructive comments to add to @gleduc and his installation then please feel free to present them here, but there is no need for your negative diatribe at him.

If I used a chitty distro, explain to me why everything is working just fine? By the way, there is a problem with MB{censored} 3.2, it does not create a Chameleon icon in system preferences. Ho, and I just finished installing OSX 10.6.6 server using the same chitty coding! By the way I am using Chameleon 2.0-RC5-r745

The following is why my installation worked for both osx and server:

My SMBIOS.PLIST:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>SMbiosversion</key>

<string>MB{censored}.{censored}.com</string>

<key>SMboardproduct</key>

<string>Mac-F221BEC8</string>

<key>SMcputype</key>

<string>1281</string>

<key>SMfamily</key>

<string>MacPro</string>

<key>SMmemspeed</key>

<string>1333</string>

<key>SMmemtype</key>

<string>24</string>

<key>SMproductname</key>

<string>MacPro5,1</string>

<key>SMserial</key>

<string>G8031788GWR</string>

</dict>

</plist>

My com.apple.Boot.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Instant Menu</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-v -force64 busratio=29</string>

<key>Legacy Logo</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>30</string>

</dict>

</plist>

Thanks

Edited by gleduc

I tried a similar way to you and failed,

10.6.7 Kernel had the same results as 10.6.6, blank screen after loading extras, not sure what boot loader I had, do you still need busratio=29 when using the new kernel?

Wasn't loader... Had beta2 downloading same beta as yours now

Edited by yoshie76

I tried a similar way to you and failed,

10.6.7 Kernel had the same results as 10.6.6, blank screen after loading extras, not sure what boot loader I had, do you still need busratio=29 when using the new kernel?

Wasn't loader... Had beta2 downloading same beta as yours now

I am sorry but after 2 months of trying several ways to install OSX, I decided to scrap my installations since I did not found a way to make my system stable for production. So I am gladly back to Ubuntu Studio 10.10. Linux is fare more stable than OSX on non-apple PC.

Good Luck! :)

Hi,

My hardware config:

Asus P8P67 DeLuxe

Intel Core i7 2600K

8GB DDR3 1866Mhz memory

Asus ENGT4300 (Geforce GT430) Videocard

1TB WD HDD

Samsung DVD RW

When I try to boot with the Hazard OSX 10.6.6i DVD I get the following screen:

errorosx.jpg

Anybody the golden tip?