Sign in to follow this  
Hoarfrost

ZOTAC G43ITX-A-E Installing Mac OS X 10.6 & Update to 10.6.6

Question

Hello Everyone!

I'm from Russia and first of all I wish to apologize for my bad English.

I hope this information will be useful.

Not so long ago I have collected a PC based on motherboard ZOTAC G43ITX-A-E and decided to install there Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 from Retail DVD.

I have MacBook Pro MC 374 already almost a year, therefore it was not difficult to me to make a bootable flash drive based on MyHackInstaller and DVD Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6 Retail and to install Mac OS on my new PC. But after installation it is necessary to pick up, install and adjust properly working kexts. But I did not manage to find the information about kexts for this motherboard in internet. So, I had to find and modify some kexts by my self. And I managed to install Combo Update 10.6.6. Now everything in Mac OS X 10.6.6 works stably, except for a sleepmode. As for me, it's not very necessary, but If someone will be possible to force to work sleepmode correctly and if he will publish how to force it here it will be very good.

The following are my system specifications:

* Prosessor: Intel DualCore E5200 2.5GHz 2Mb 800MHz FSB

* Memory: 2x1Gb DDR2 PC8500 1066MHz Kingston HyperX

* Video: Palit GeForce GT430 128bit 1024Mb GDDR3

* MB: ZOTAC G43ITX-A-E (Intel G43 + ICH10)

* Sound: Realtek ALC662

* Wi-Fi: Atheros AR9285 802.11 b/g/n

* Gigabit LAN: Realtek RTL8168D/8111D

* HDD (Mac OS): 3.5’ 160Gb Seagate (ST3160318AS)SataII

* HDD (Win 7): 2.5’ 250Gb Toshiba (MK2555GSXF)SataII

* Case: MiniITX Thermaltake Element Q VL52021N2E 200W Black

All kexts for this motherboard and videocard are laid out on this site and they can be found by search. All kexts, except SleepEnabler.kext I installed with KextHelper 7B in S/L/E. SleepEnabler must be installed in E/E.

After installing Mac OS from Flash Drive I installed MyHackInstaller on Mac OS HDD (to make HDD bootable and to create Extra folder) and installed Chameleon2 RC5 699 (MyHack worked unstable on my PC somehow,but it's Extra is good). After that I added files com.apple.Boot.plist and smbios.plist modified under the configuration of my PC's processor and memory. In this files I have specified that I've got MacPro3,1 beceause with other models that I specified (iMac9,1 -low test results; MacPro4,1 & 5,1 -kernel panic) the system worked not stably. Also in this files I registered LAN and Video by Enabler (1280x1024x32 ; GraphicsEnabler=Yes ; EthernetBuiltIn=Yes). It was enough for installation Combo Update 10.6.6 (I downloaded it from Apple site as a file). Right after installing Combo Update 10.6.6 but before reboot I changed file SleepEnabler.kext by the version for 10.6.6 (also available for downloading on Downloads - Kexts.com). After reboot I installed NVidia Driver Package Retail_256.01.00f03v5.dmg and Natit.kextmodified for my GT430 and after reboot received properly defined and working GT430. Then I installed kexts for Wi-Fi and for ALC662. it was necessary to change a little VooDooHDA.kext for ALC662 to force it work properly. This modified kexts are also avaliable for downloading on Downloads - Kexts.com. For ALC662 in VooDooHDA.kext is necessary to insert 0x3a3e8086 if you'll modify it on your own. Before installing VooDooHDA.kext better remove AppleHDA.kext from S/L/E otherwise probably to receive kernel panic. And I didn't install VooDooHDAPrefPane because the sound level is adjusted without it as it occurs in native system.

So I've got properly working (except Sleep mode - I turned it off - working now to force it) Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.6 64 bit System based on Zotac G43ITX-A-E.

If you will have any questions, offers, additions or remarks - please write them in this subject. I'll be glad to answer and help than I can.

Edited by Hoarfrost

Hi, khempanhom!

If you want, I can tell you how to make your video card "be not GT 430" , but "GT 415M 1Gb" or whatever you'll prefer to call it.

To do this you must copy somewhere Natit.kext and unpack it by right-clicking mouse button on the kext icon and left-click on "Show package content". After that you'll see folder "Contents" - open it and find there file info.plist. Open this file by TextEditor and find there GT 430 and just change it to your card's name. It must look like this:

<key>model</key>

<string>GT430</string>

change to:

<key>model</key>

<string>GT 415M 1Gb</string>

or:

<key>model</key>

<string>The Best GT 415M 1Gb I ever had</string>

)))

Thank you.

I made ??several days ago.

Because your file.

Works great.

Sorry, a little English.

NVIDIA GeForce GT 415M = Notebook ACER 4741G

NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 = PC ASUS P7H55-M LX/USB3

Works well both. 2 :)

I have a Zotac GeForce GT 430 1gb ddr3, im stuck with 1280x1024 and 512mb, my monitor resolution is 1920x1080@60

I have installed snow leopard 10.6.7 (3. Add Natit.kext > NO Reset)??? I dont know what Natit.kext is.. (4. Add com.apple.Boot.plist > NO Reset)??? I dont know what to do with com.apple.boot.plist, there is one in extra folder and anotherone in library/..... folder.. this is driving me crazy.... even the screen does not take the full monitor..

?ui=2&ik=db6e73d438&view=att&th=12f8eb5913cee66c&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=1367101158308446208-1&zw

To demadre:

Native com.apple.boot.plist in real Mac's is in /Library...e.t.c. folder. But if you use Chameleon loader and have /EXTRA/ folder on your hard drive Chameleon loader is loooking for com.apple.boot.plist in /EXTRA/ folder by default, so better to change and work exactly with /EXTRA/com.apple.boot.plist.

Natit.kext is an external (not native for MacOS) unversal driver for video cards. You must put it in /System/Library/Extensions/...

Open com.apple.boot.plist from /EXTRA/ folder and look, is there strings like:

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

If you'll find these strings in your com.apple.boot.plist - delete them. Natit.kext and GraphicsEnabler=Yes doesn't work togather. That's why you probably see 512 Mb VideoRam instead of 1024 Mb.

And after update from 10.6... to 10.6.7 install again NVidia Driver Package Retail_256.01.00f03v5.dmg (link at first page) - it's necessary.