Sign in to follow this  
Hoarfrost

GeForce GT430 1024Mb One of ways to force it to work in Mac OS X 10.6.5 & 10.6.6

Question

Hello Everyone!

I suggest you to familiarize with way I have forced to work my video card GeForce GT 430 1024Mb 128bit made by Palit. I want to say that similar video cards (GT 430 1024Mb 128bit) made by another Vendor (Asus,MSI,Zotac & e.t.c) in the list below must work correct too, because they have the same Vendor & Device ID. Before installing, please read how I did in this post:

http://www.kexts.com/motherboard-cpu/9131-zotac-g43itx-e-installing-mac-os-x-10-6-update-10-6-6-a.html

Before installing Natit.kext you'll need:

- Chameleon2 RC5 699 (if you don't still have it)

- Mac OS X Combo Update 10.6.6 (or 10.6.5) from Apple site (download it as a file)

- SleepEnabler.kext for the version 10.6.6 (if you are updating your OS to 10.6.6 and for 10.6.5 if you're ipdating from 10.6.4 or earlier)

- NVidia Driver Package Retail_256.01.00f03v5.dmg (for 64bit Hack OS)

or

- {censored}x86 NVIDIA Update (for 32bit Hack OS)

- natit.kext (modified slightly and tested by me for my GT 430)

Install natit.kext with kexthelper7b or kextutility in /S/L/E/ and reboot.

Download this natit.kext you can here: Natit.kext - Downloads - Kexts.com or by typing in Search GT 430.

Here is the list of supported cards:

844d1298412308-geforce-gt430-1024mb-one-ways-force-work-mac-os-x-10-6-5-10-6-6-gt-430-list.jpg

post-74263-13774613703_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hoarfrost

I didn't tryed exactly Youtube HD Video, but now I've got 20" IPS 1980x1050 Monitor and GT430 works with it in all resolutions. IPS monitor is a really cool stuff!

I've got 23" lcd monitor with full hd resolution, mac osx works with this resolution, but there are problems with youtube @720P videos. 1080p videos are unwatchable. No problem under win 7

My CPU IS P4 @3.2 ghz

I have trouble with this card playing HD video, no matter what the source. I've looked all over for a solution, but I'm still frustrated with choppy video. Any suggestions?

Now 720p youtube playback work: install with MB{censored} chimera bootloader and new nvidia driver and this kext; set grphicsenabler=no in apple.com.plist, reboot

Enjoy

edit: use my natit attached on other post insanel***

Edited by newfla

Now 720p youtube playback work: install with MB{censored} chimera bootloader and new nvidia driver and this kext; set grphicsenabler=no in apple.com.plist, reboot

Enjoy

So right now I'm using EFI strings, you're saying if I remove those, add Chimera bootloader, the new nvidia driver (both from MB{censored}) and this kext, I won't have any UI lag or choppy HD video playback? I'll do it right now if it'll fix it, I just don't want to risk what I already have going for me lol