Sign in to follow this  
AppliArt

Lion - Installing and using it

Question

Hello everyone,

As you may know, Apple has released Lion to developers, so we here at Kexts.com are interested how far you guys have come installing Lion and maybe some of you are actually having Lion installed.

If you do, don't hesitate posting some instructions, so other people could be helped too! Please post your exact hardware configuration, as not all computers can run Lion at the moment of writing.

Here are some sites with instructions how to install Lion. Please beware these have been untested by me and may not work.

OSX86.es (in Spanish)

Insanelymac <=== Great topic, alot of kexts and good instructions. Worth a look!

One more thing, we here at Kexts.com do not tolerate the posting or giving links where you can get Lion 10.7, as it is illegal to do so, so please don't, because you'll get banned. Thanks.

manage to get lion working sound internet res for graphics card up dated ok too.

Asus p6x58 D-E 950 I7. CPUHow to Install OSX Lion: PC/Hackintosh and Thorough 285GTX GRAPHIC CARD. triple booting snow and windows7 lion using latest boot loader from here.

used this you tube link How to Install OSX Lion: PC/Hackintosh and Thorough

I managed to get lion installed using iB{censored},Just at the last stage in Terminal to fix permissions?cd /Volumes/[---]/System/Library/CoreServices/

rm ?rf PlatformSupport.plist

cd /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Library/Extensions/?

cp ?R FakeSMC.kext /Volumes/[---]/System/Library/Extensions/ ?

chown ?R 0:0 /Volumes/[---]/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext

chmod ?R 755 /Volumes/[---]/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext

exit

its not working for me. says no such file or directory.on first line of code, i know its something easy as ive got this far. can anyone help out? or is it as reads: no such file or directory?! i know it in there i put the fake kext in there!

I'm 3 months new to the scene but a quick learner however this is doing my head in!!

I managed to get lion installed using iB{censored},Just at the last stage in Terminal to fix permissions?cd /Volumes/[---]/System/Library/CoreServices/

rm ?rf PlatformSupport.plist

cd /Volumes/Mac\ OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Library/Extensions/?

cp ?R FakeSMC.kext /Volumes/[---]/System/Library/Extensions/ ?

chown ?R 0:0 /Volumes/[---]/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext

chmod ?R 755 /Volumes/[---]/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext

exit

its not working for me. says no such file or directory.on first line of code, i know its something easy as ive got this far. can anyone help out? or is it as reads: no such file or directory?! i know it in there i put the fake kext in there!

I'm 3 months new to the scene but a quick learner however this is doing my head in!!

have try with sudo -s .... type password then do all steps again ....

entered sudo -s: command not found.

tried sudo/sudo su. nothing????? Frustrating.... anything else?! maybe i set it up wrong?

Edited by Astin.j

Last login: Tue May 3 11:01:27 on console

Movies-MacBook-Pro:~ movie$ sudo su

Password: your pass

sh-3.2# chown -R 0:0 (here can dragging & dropping your kext) [enter]

sh-3.2# chmod -R 755 (here can dragging & dropping your kext) [enter]

sh-3.2# exit