Sign in to follow this  
elo8606

GeForce 8400 GS 1GB

Question

I can not get my Graphic card Zotac GeForce 8400 GS 1GB to a higher resolution then a 1024 x 768. This is the only otion I get in the Monitor set up screen.

My built: GA-H55M-UD2H, 4GByte Ram, i3, 10.6.6 combo update, UserDSDT F11,

So fare I have tried: NVEnabler, chameleon rc5r 709, Onboard Graphics, 923-GeForce.kext, EFIStudio (this does not have excatly my card in it)

I would appreciate any input..

I have tried so may thinks over the past days but could not get it tow work (NVidia Driver Package), com.apple.boot.plist from GT 430 (all about Threads #18). Also with SleepEnabler and natit.kext.. I may go to another graphics card (Geforce GT 240 512MByte).

To richd66

How to know 64bit or 32bit version do you use: go to "apple" logo in the left top angle of the screen,"more details" and for more detail see my screenshot - line is shined blue, if 64bit, then must be "Yes", 32bit mode = "No".

About using Natit.kext or EFI strings for my GT 430 1Gb.

There are two important parameters: memory size and video card outputs. These parameters are changing by user according to his card. My GT 430 has VGA, HDMI, DVI and 1Gb of memory. If your 8400 has the same memory size and almoust DVI and VGA - it must work with EFI string or Natit.kext I use, but your card will be called "GT 430 ...". If it will work properly - write here and I'll change "GT 430" for any name you want. Memory size and outputs also can be changed, just write what outputs do you have and what output do you exactly using to connect 8400 and monitor.

post-74263-137746137063_thumb.jpg

Edited by Hoarfrost

I finally found my answer here: {censored} Forum ? View topic - 8400GS Success! And some things I learned about Device IDs.

After trying almost everything I followed the instructions of the poster & simply edited my NVDANV50Hal.kext to include the device ID of my video card (8400GS). I was tearing my hair out & on the verge of giving up until I tried this.

I hope this helps.

Hi there, help needed.I am frustrated. Its been weeks to get my video accelerated (Qe/Ci ed).

Here is my gear:

Gigabyte G31M-ES2L, nVidia GeForce 8400GS, 1GB, ID:0x10c3.

I am running on Leopard. Installed with Voodoo 9.5.0.

I have tried so many thing with No Luck at all:

1. EFI string (take string from the list) ---> No Luck

2. EFI string, custom GeForce --> input the NVRAM size 1GB --> No Luck

3. Change NVInject (32/64), NVDANV40/50HAL, GeForce kext ( I changed all of them to include 0x10c310de) --> No Luck

4. Graphics enabler is always set to Yes

5. NVenabler ---> No Luck

I got my screen 1280x1024x32 via "Graphics Mode" method. No Qe/Ci for sure.

I always remove any Geforce related kext before trying new method, and always repair permission through kext utility.

Javen ; frustrated mode ON.