Question

There are too many videocards but never saw about this card

anyway to find any kext ?? for card nm10 n455 intel atom system is 10.6.2 iatkos s3 v2 samsung n143 n150 netbook i can answer questions about it only needed vga kext!!!

I managed to get the DSM entry and DTGP method into the DSDT. The video memory is now reported as 256MB. With the DSM entry in the DSDT, 10.7.3 would panic in IOGraphicsFamily on startup unless I patched the AppleIntelIntegratedFramebuffer. Reverse engineered the AppleIntelGMA950 kext, it looks to be very specific to two different models of 950 (80862772 and 808627a2) In fact, there is a function called probe that will return 0 (false) unless the hardware has either of those two PCIIDs. From memory there were about 5 functions in the 950 kext that checked the PCIID of the hardware.

So, nothing really other than it is like trying to find a needle in a haystack and then working out why the needle doesn't work properly :). I'll have another look tomorrow as I have the day off (public holiday)

thank you for your work on this project! I now understand a little of what you are saying! Man this is a HUGE project XD Thanks again!

Those functions might work when adding the device ID to the DSDT, so that osx overrides the real pci ID with the one you entered, this might help to enable more in the kext. The variable should simply be "device-id" (and if needed, "vendor-id" and "subsystem-vendor-id").

edit: This DSDT code should work

?device-id?,

Buffer (0×04)

{0×72, 0×27, 0×00, 0×00}

0x72 0x27 should turn into 2772. If not, the 0x72 and 0x27 need to be changed

Edited by arches

And patching the IDs the kexts check? So that it wont return 0 because it searches for A011?

edit: Could it be hat those PCI ID's are those of the Mobile GMA 950? Or Desktop GMA 950? Maybe the Kexts load some things like "Built-In" or "connector-type" matching MacBook Connection Types if the PCI ID matches. That could also explain why the Brightness was so low, that the Kext thought we are using the Desktop version?

Edited by arches