AppliArt

[GUIDE] OS X 10.6 on AMD

Special thanks.

I tried this method on GA-MA790FXT UD5P

AMD Phenom II x4 965

8G.B Ram DDR3 Corsair 1333

Nvidia 8400 GS XFX 512 M.B

Retail 10.6.3 + Nawcom ModCD + Combo Update 10.6.6 + Legacy Kernel 10.6.7 + MB{censored} 3.4 for fixing restart & shutdown

but only I must boot in 32bit + maxmem=4096, it doesn't work with 8G.b that caused to turned off.

Also my Lan doesn't work.

thanks again

:-)

Please make a new topic for your problems, so that this thread does not get flooded by Help Me posts. ;)

Are you certain about your S1 for sleep? Because on my board GA-MA790XT-UD4P, it only shuts off the screen. S3 is save to RAM, but sadly that pretty much just instantly shuts down my computer instead. I had a working sleep before, but I can't seem to remember how I had made it work since I had to reinstall. I'm currently trying to work that out.

Yeah, I'm using Nawcom's. The latest one, along with the legacy kernel. I'm really confused as I thought it was the one I had used previously. It is possible that it has to do with BIOS settings though.

I get to the bootloader screen after I press enter to the "install mac osx" and it gets to " press any key to continue" I press a key and it reads this "EHCI controller [1002:4396] at 00:12.2 DMA @ fe8ff800"

It doesn't do anything from there...any ideas?

I have an AMD x4 Anthelon 2.8ghz and Asus M4a785-m Motherboard.

I would love to get this installed..but its tough.

I have a retail 10.6.3 Disc I bought yesterday and used the MOD bootloader linked in this thread.