AppliArt

[GUIDE] OS X 10.6 on AMD

Ok .. So I got it working..I had to unplug my usb attachments and it booted up and installed. I installed the "Chameleon 2 RC5 Installer (r693)" and after I did that.. well when i tried booting it up with the MODCD after install of the installer it would seem to start to boot into osx then reboot automatically. I tried verbose, ignore cache and normal and it would reboot or get stuck for like 10 mins on the grey screen with an apple on it.

I do think I forgot to customize the install and it installed as it would be a default..Could that be it? Don't I just unclick items and not add anything?

Any ideas?

Should I reinstall it from scratch and try a new Chameleon Installer?

Don't boot with the ModCD. ;)

Oh ya I tried that several times. It trys to boot but gets to the bootloader screen for Chameleon... If I dont press a key..it shuts down the computer..if i press a key it goes to the disc option to boot from SNOW drive..I click enter and it starts to boot then reboots automatically.

I am totally new to this..so your help is GREATLY appreciated!. :D

this has to be the most clear guide ever seriously for AMD. I am curious to know if this will work with the Asus Crosshair IV Formula with a 1090t processor. then again i might just wait until bulldozer and hope when Lion works somebody has bulldozer in mind. then again it's still a mystery as to how Asus is going to get BD to work with the am3 style chipset with just a bios update.

I really think I will go with the 1090t x6 though, it's a great price and for audio applications like pro tools 9 it should be more than enough power. I will be putting 3 hard drives on it, one for w7, one for osx and one for data. if OS X doesn't pan out then it will be a second data drive. if you think I will have any issues with the 890FX i'd like to know about it.