Sign in to follow this  
user1690

System wont shutdown properly?

Question

Hello there!

So i decided to once again setup Snow Leopard on my Eee PC. The installation went well, but i am experiencing a minor issue, and im hoping someone can help.

Sometimes when i goto shutdown, the system shuts off successfully, other times it does not, the OS will shut off but the system itself wont. When this occurrs i have to hold the PWR button to turn the system off, and when turning on again later, a kernel panic appears with a panic relating to 'Kernel_task', when this panic appears a system restart seems to solve it but i thought it worth mentioning, so the main issue seems to be the system not shutting down properly.

System Details:

Asus Eee PC 901

Intel Atom Processor @ 1.6GHz

2GB RAM Module

30GB ZIF HDD with Snow Leopard 10.6.7

Any help/info is greatly appreciated.

Alrighty, going to try it now. As a quick note; I believe these are the kexts i installed for my system; VoodooHDA , VoodooPower. The rest i think were patched by the bootloader and are the OS's originals (IntelGMA950 for example)

Edit: Seems this isnt compatible with my OS?

Compatible with

10.5.x Unkown

10.6.x No

10.7.x Unkown

Ok that boot-KP just happened again (Havent even added the kext you mentioned yet), probably because system didnt shutdown properly before, can you possibly tell me what it means, maybe its not related to the power issue at all; here is a screenshot: post-4879-137746138529_thumb.jpg

Going to try the kext thing now as well.