Sign in to follow this  
mothermonster

OSX Installer doesn't see harddrives?

Question

I can boot Snow Leopard perfectly fine but when I go through and accept the terms and agreements it asks me which drive to format and install Snow Leopard on.. However there are none to select. How can I force the installer to see my NTFS harddrive with Windows 8 so I can format it and install Snow Leopard?

post-210599-137746141025_thumb.jpg

Specs:

HP Pavilion G6

AMD Phenom 2 P650 Dual-Core Processor

AMD 785GX Motherboard

Edited by mothermonster

You need to create an HFS+ partition. I myself have an NTFS & HFS+ partition on one drive.

If this is the first time you have installed Mac OS you need to install the macintosh bootloader, Chameleon or multiB{censored} (I think that's the name).

Edited by Arnie

I can boot Snow Leopard perfectly fine but when I go through and accept the terms and agreements it asks me which drive to format and install Snow Leopard on.. However there are none to select. How can I force the installer to see my NTFS harddrive with Windows 8 so I can format it and install Snow Leopard?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1511[/ATTACH]

Specs:

HP Pavilion G6

AMD Phenom 2 P650 Dual-Core Processor

AMD 785GX Motherboard

You need to set SATA mode to AHCI on your MOBO BIOS...

The partition type there`s nothing to do with this, even if you create a HFS+ partition using a windows or Linux tools, the installer will not see your device till you set to AHCI...

If you don`t have this option, you can try as SATA Native Mode....

Ok ugh since I can't set to ahci and I can't create the USB am I forever a non mac user? =[

I have sure that you are almost there...

Read, carefully again that guide, free your mind and you will be able to find a way to create sussesfully your installer and get OS X working in your machine...

I know that sometimes somethings seems to be so hard and impossible, but that depends on how much we want that thing...

:D

But you see I performed every instruction correctly until when I was making the loop0 thing I kept getting a "device is busy" error. Before that while creating the iso I was getting "input output error" so instead I found a way to make it on windows. But the dumb loop 0 error is what is ruining the whole thing!

Is there a way around loop0? I am using as super user (I'm running Ubuntu off a 4 GB USB if that makes a difference.)

But you see I performed every instruction correctly until when I was making the loop0 thing I kept getting a "device is busy" error. Before that while creating the iso I was getting "input output error" so instead I found a way to make it on windows. But the dumb loop 0 error is what is ruining the whole thing!

Is there a way around loop0? I am using as super user (I'm running Ubuntu off a 4 GB USB if that makes a difference.)

What Retail OS X DVD version you have??? 10.6 or 10.6.3???

For 10.6, you need to do like that > sudo losetup -o 1034489856 /dev/loop0 /dev/sr0

Or 10.6.3 > sudo losetup -o 827510784 /dev/loop0 /dev/sr0

Another thing that you can try is to made a ISO file of the OS X installation and use it instead of use the /dev/sr0...

You can do that from Windows or from Linux...

Sign in to follow this