Sign in to follow this  
Astin.j

hard drive clone

Question

hey guys, im in the middle of cloning my mates macbook pro hd and wonder if i can get it to boot on my hp?

the reason for this is experimental and also due to the fact my hackintosh setup wont run redsnow without crashing. and works fine on the macbook pro! it used to work fine but no more, any help would be great.

ok so i cant boot up with it! what would i need to do to get it to boot? i can access the drive of course...

Edited by Astin.j

1 answer to this question

hey guys, im in the middle of cloning my mates macbook pro hd and wonder if i can get it to boot on my hp?

the reason for this is experimental and also due to the fact my hackintosh setup wont run redsnow without crashing. and works fine on the macbook pro! it used to work fine but no more, any help would be great.

If you install a BootLoader, FakeSMC.kext, NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and needed kexts for your devices, probably will work...

But the better for your machine, is a Retail Install following this guide > [Guide] Mammoth Method v2.00 - HP DVx 10.6.x: Fast, Easy, Comprehensive Installation. /// NEW MAMMOTH BOOT CD for i5 & i3 \\\ - InsanelyMac Forum

Sign in to follow this