Sign in to follow this  
studiorkb

Just wondering

Question

6 answers to this question

Why do programs like Garage Band not get installed when I install with Modcd?

That depends on what options you choose on the ModCD Install customization settings....

Could be for many reasons...

Okay, I understand that (what you meant, … I think), but the Mac Box Set is a “retail?? DVD. Now, I guess, it depends on what you think is “retail?? and what’s not. If you just resume to the “label?? retail = the actual DVD with only the OS X on it, bought from a retail store or you also count the type of license that the software on that DVD grants you, in which case the Mac Box Set is as good as the “retail?? DVD

It is not entirely clear which license is offered with the retail version of Snow Leopard. As noted above, Apple's website advertised this version as an "upgrade from Mac OS X Leopard for $29" and suggest that others upgrade using the Mac Box Set, implying the stand-alone retail version to be a "Leopard Upgrade" license. On the other hand, some Apple press materials appear to indicate that this version is, in fact, the "Single Use" license:

Mac OS X Snow Leopard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But, I guess, you are right in “technical?? terms… Sometimes Apple is great, sometimes is just confusing….

Edited by user_01

Sign in to follow this