Sign in to follow this  
ivowo

[PCI configuration begin]

Question

Hello everybody.

I have installed hazard 10.6.2 on my pc. But after upgrading to 10.6.8 he won't start up and with boot flag -v he said [pci configuration begin]. can someone help me please? I already tried boot flag npci=0x2000.

Exuse me for my bad english.

Edited by ivowo

6 answers to this question

Hi, I've just had your problem on my asus desktop. This is what sofatiger51 said on my thread:

I researched and found out that to avoid kp, you need to install legacy kernel package before you re-start. If you can boot back into your Mac, find legacy_kernel-10.6.8.pkg in this site and run the package. Restart your Mac and hope you have no kp. Running MB{censored} provides you all the neccessary tools to boot into your Mac but it does not solve your kp or prevent kp from happening.

If you use hackintosh long enough, you should know by now Mac could be troublesome when you update the OS.

Good luck and let me know your result.;)

So basically if you can boot back into your Snow Leopard, download the 10.6.8 kernel here http://www.osx86.net/view/1413-nawcoms_legacy_kernel_and_sleepenabler_for_10.6.r.html and run the package. If not, you might have to reinstall snow leopard again. Run the 10.6.8 combo update again, THEN run the kernel package. Hope this helps!

Thanks i home try IT.

EDIT: what do i do with the sleepenabler.kext?

It still doesn't work can someone help me?

I used an another bootloader now he says still whaiting for root device.

Edited by ivowo

I didn't use the sleepenabler, but you would just install the kext. What I did to get my PCI Configuration Begin to go away is followed this guide here {censored} Forum ? Information, then run the 10.6.8 kernel package that you downloaded.

For the bootloader, if your using a retail CD, just stick with iB{censored} or modCD. They're the most supported right now.