Sign in to follow this  
ahsansmiles

Dell Inspiron N5110 with iATKOS S3_V2

Question

Hello everyone,

It has been 10 days i am trying to install the iATKOS S3 V2 and i succeeded as well, with NO CD or USB , i managed to get into the Installation screen with flags GraphicsEnabler=No busratio=17 -x -v , when i am in the setup , my track-pad wasn't working so i used the keyboard to do everything, i was having a 500 GB of HDD with 4GIGs of RAM, on the hard drive the first 2 partitions were 1: Windows, 2: Data and the third was than formatted for MAC, i didn't knew exactly which Kernels would work, so i needed help here, anyway i installed it hoping it will work, on next reboot i would have to use my iB{censored} USB to boot into the Mac, it booted but hung on the Apple logo screen and even the -x -v flags didn't helped, can somebody guess what i was actually missing?

I really need help in here!

Specs:

Dell Inspiron N5110 (15R)

Intel Core i5 2430M @ 2.40Ghz (2nd Gen. Sandy Bridge)

500 GB HDD

4GB RAM

nVidia GT525M 1G

Intel HD 3000

I would be posting a full guide once i successfully get it installed :)

Thank you everyone!

If somebody wants to know how i reached installer without using USB or DVD , i am willing to tell you that as well :) I booted iATKOS with NO External USB/HDD or DVD!

Edited by ahsansmiles
Incld'd Processor Name

About enable open gl and nvidia it is to this time. impossible

its very very bad, i can`t use FreeCad :(.

But VGA / HDMI?

How can enable?

Do you have full HD3000 support ? I mean can you run OpenGL test with CineBench 11.5 ?

Because I got HD3000 to run on a Mainboard with about 768MB supported RAM, but for full acceleration you need to have a DSDT file that has the full device-id informations.

But the nvidia card you should get to run: I made the Nvidia gtx650ti with 1 GB run on

GA-P67X-UD3-B3 as well as on the GA-H77-D3H using core i5-2500K or i7-2600 CPU.

These give me very good results. But no way using retail method or N{censored}12495 10.8 version.

The only Distribution that got me to work the Nvidia gtx 650ti 1GB is the IAtkos ML2

- select nvenabler and support for >2GB cards - even if you got less, it worked for me.

- or select only nvenabler and try the further support from newest MB{censored} version.

There is one for >2GB GPURAM and one for less than 2GB. Worked for me on the PC systems above.

And the best thing is: Sleep + rewake is enabled without DSDT. (Works only for PC, I guess, my Lenovo G560 did not sleep.)

- I had to restart like -v npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No

But have a try on IAtkos ML2 10.8.2 version - it's genius and easy.

As it supports gtx 650ti which really is problematic it should also enable your GT525m, please report;)

Do you have full HD3000 support ? I mean can you run OpenGL test with CineBench 11.5 ?

Because I got HD3000 to run on a Mainboard with about 768MB supported RAM, but for full acceleration you need to have a DSDT file that has the full device-id informations.

But the nvidia card you should get to run: I made the Nvidia gtx650ti with 1 GB run on

GA-P67X-UD3-B3 as well as on the GA-H77-D3H using core i5-2500K or i7-2600 CPU.

These give me very good results. But no way using retail method or N{censored}12495 10.8 version.

The only Distribution that got me to work the Nvidia gtx 650ti 1GB is the IAtkos ML2

- select nvenabler and support for >2GB cards - even if you got less, it worked for me.

- or select only nvenabler and try the further support from newest MB{censored} version.

There is one for >2GB GPURAM and one for less than 2GB. Worked for me on the PC systems above.

And the best thing is: Sleep + rewake is enabled without DSDT. (Works only for PC, I guess, my Lenovo G560 did not sleep.)

- I had to restart like -v npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=No

But have a try on IAtkos ML2 10.8.2 version - it's genius and easy.

As it supports gtx 650ti which really is problematic it should also enable your GT525m, please report;)

Thanks for answer, i will try!

And second question, how i can enable usb 3.0?

Yes, i have successfully installed the iATKOS L2 10.7.2 , only Wifi (Intel Centrino ) is not working but thats not an issue i can use a mini wifi dongle :) The rest is working flawlessly fine, here is a small guide!

Download iATKOS L2 ! (Make sure its from some Verified Source)

If you already have a MAC go into the Disk Utility and Open the iATKOS L2.dmg , wait until the Verification is complete . (do not skip verification because if the Checksum of the DMG file is invalid , it wont install)

( If you do not have a Mac use TransMac for Windows and than Burn or restore that Image to the USB/CD ).

Next, burn the image to a Blank DVD , if you wish to install it via USB , just restore it on a USB. (USB atleast 8 GB)

Now boot with the medium (CD or USB , your choice).

At the loading screen Press F8, and choose your Installation Medium than press TAB button.

Enter:

GraphicsEnabler=No -v -f

at the boot> prompt!

Wait until everything loads, it will bring you to the Installation screen, your touchpad might not work so use an external USB mouse! :)

Go to disk Utility, and format a partition (BE CAREFUL) as Mac OSX Journled Extended!

Exit the Disk Utility.

Select the Partition you formatted for Mac and Click "Customize" ( in the left bottom corner of the prompt).

Choose appropriate options (Do not choose Chimera bootloader as it will hung on "Still waiting for root device")

Here are my options that i have choosen.

Bootloader: Chameleon 2.1

Patches: (Default selection as it came with installer)

Drivers: All the SATA/IDE drivers , USB 3.0, USB , Laptop Battery

(WARNING : Do not select VoodooHDA as it will give KP (kernel panic) with Chameleon, you can later try Chimera which works with Voodoo)

Click install, after the installation (Takes about 10-14 minutes) is completed!

Restart! (Do not manually restart by pressing the POWER Button)

After the installation is completed, you will be greeted with Chameleon 2.1 bootloader on next startup

Enter " GraphicsEnabler= No " again!

And voila you are In.

(Note: if you have problems forexample if you are hung at DSMOS has arrived or Trans Buffer Pool Allocate failed, like things or you cannot boot properly, come into Windows, and than Install "Mac Drive 9 Standard, restart your computer and come to windows 7 again, after you are In, wait for 4-5 minutes until "Mac Drive 9 Standard" mounts your Mac Drives, once it has mounted , navigate to that drive and go to /System/Library/Extensions, from here move all the AppleIntelHD*.kexts to the desktop and delete them from /System/Library/Extensions) reboot and enjoy! :), please Note that you will have to patch your DSDT and or need to install other AppleIntelHD and AppleIntelSNB graphics for full QE/CI )

If you have any other problems , reply here, i will guide you! :)

I have to rush now! :) I hope i helped someone!

I will be back after 3-5 days and will respond if requested anything!

(By the way thanks to {censored},osx86,kexts.org)

And please ignore my spelling mistakes (if any) as i am in a bit of hurry! :P:)

Happy Mac'king!

Yes i have installed it from the Hard Drive,

Steps are:

1:Create a new 7 GB Partition

2:Use ddmac (search google for "ddmac leopard install helper" , if you cannot find ask me i will post here)

3:Open ddmac and select your Hard drive, from there choose iATKOS S3 V2 (you have to install iATKOS S3 V2 10.6.3 first because once its installed you can use that Mac installation to restore any iATKOS on the partition and than you can boot that partition :) )

4:Once you have done using ddmac ( Please note that ddmac is a little bit buggy program so it may say that it has stopped responding but actually it works behind) :)

5:Install iATKOS S3 V2, its great too!

and the rest is easy (i.e , restore the DMG image to the partition you created earlier!)

Hope it helps, but if you still cannot understand it, i will make a small video tutorial for you as you have made an account "Just for me" :P

Yes i have installed it from the Hard Drive,

Steps are:

1:Create a new 7 GB Partition

2:Use ddmac (search google for "ddmac leopard install helper" , if you cannot find ask me i will post here)

3:Open ddmac and select your Hard drive, from there choose iATKOS S3 V2 (you have to install iATKOS S3 V2 10.6.3 first because once its installed you can use that Mac installation to restore any iATKOS on the partition and than you can boot that partition )

4:Once you have done using ddmac ( Please note that ddmac is a little bit buggy program so it may say that it has stopped responding but actually it works behind)

5:Install iATKOS S3 V2, its great too!

and the rest is easy (i.e , restore the DMG image to the partition you created earlier!)

Hope it helps, but if you still cannot understand it, i will make a small video tutorial for you as you have made an account "Just for me" :P

I'm just downloading iATKOS L2.dmg because all others methods didn't work. So as I guess I will need you help, I registered :)

Hi can anyone explain me why even if I restore the image of iATKOS L2 with one partition in MBR on a USB key , my inspiron doesn't reconize it to boot on it ? I gonna get crazy HELP PLEASE