Sign in to follow this  
camerongray

[GUIDE] Use more than 4gb RAM on AMD with 32 and 64 bit apps working

Thanks a lot! worked on my computer, see my specs.

Run if i flag -force64 arch=i386 , but if i put arch=x86_64 have a kp says "system uptime in nanoseconds..."

Whats better? -force64 + arch=i386 or arch=x86_64?

Thanks

So this method Works in Lion 10.7.3??? i have successful installed Lion on My AMD Phenom II x4 (check my Signature) and some applications Like a Diablo 3 and STEAM still running soooooo laggy! How to fix that?

it worked for me very goood. you saved my life.

Now everything is working perfect... Final Cut X - iMovie - Photoshop CS5.5 in Snow Leopard 10.6.8

if anyone needed help.. please ask

@Gabrielayumi how you managed to install lion? which kernal you used?

10.6.8 OS X Snow Leopard - MSI 790 Phenom II x4 965 3.2Ghz 12GB DDR3 1600Mhz ATI HD5450

it worked for me very goood. you saved my life.

Now everything is working perfect... Final Cut X - iMovie - Photoshop CS5.5 in Snow Leopard 10.6.8

if anyone needed help.. please ask

@Gabrielayumi how you managed to install lion? which kernal you used?

10.6.8 OS X Snow Leopard - MSI 790 Phenom II x4 965 3.2Ghz 12GB DDR3 1600Mhz ATI HD5450

Just follow the Experimental Guide here... method 2 with kernel of 10.7.3 AMD and iAtkos L2 [AMD] 10.7.3 Guide - Experimental Only - InsanelyMac Forum

Confirming this patch works for me too. just for those who concerns, I am using AnV kernel as listed at signature section.

Thanks camerongray and this indeed helps a lot of people!!!

Btw terminal giving me a warning as attached screenshot. it seems no harm but annoying. adding -f bootflag doesn't help.

post-341729-137746144131_thumb.jpg

UPDATED JUN-26

I get rid of the warning message by a simple command, here is the sources.

sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force

Edited by semson

Hm, I have the same problem, non-AMD hackintosh with Snow Leopard installed but only able to see 4GB of my 8GB RAM. It says I have 8GB in there, and sees both dimms in there, but in the hardware overview in the System Profiler, it only recognizes 4GB. My mobo (Asus P5G41T M LX Plus) is not able to configure AHCI in BIOS. This is the 2nd mobo I've gotten for this hackintosh, trying to get it configured correctly. Any help would be appreciated!